The Student Room Group

Bath v York Biochemistry

I have offers for both but genuinely stuck on which to choose. Any advice appreciated.
Original post by aaaos_
I have offers for both but genuinely stuck on which to choose. Any advice appreciated.

Hi @aaaos_

I'm a biochemistry student at Lancaster! I chose Lancaster because of the modules offered in the course, not all biochemistry courses share exactly the same modules so I think it's important to look carefully at the core and optional modules at both universities and see if one is more appealing to you.

If the courses are both appealing, I'd recommend picturing yourself living at each university. If possible - go visit! I found looking around the campus and city really helpful in making my decision as Lancaster just immediately felt right for me. If you can't visit, watch YouTube vlogs from people at each university and look up virtual tours online. Think about where you'd be living, how you'd get to lectures, and other factors that might be important to you like the places to hang out or eat, the nightlife, the library, and the gym.

I'd say the best university for you is the one you can picture yourself being happy at for the next 3+ years!

I hope I could help, if you have any questions about studying biochemistry at university or picking your firm choice please let me know!
Rebecca (Lancaster Student Ambassador) :smile:
Original post by aaaos_

Hi,

Congrats on both your offers! When I was applying to uni, I found it really helpful to hear some real student experiences to get a bit more insight into what it's actually like to study.

We have a YouTube playlist with some vlogs from our Biological Sciences students which might be interesting to take a look at!

Hope this helps, and let us know if you have any questions about York!

Hazel :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending