The Student Room Group

Predictions for English Literature 2023 Edexcel

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any valid predictions as to what poems/characters/themes will appear in the 2023 gcse? I do Merchant of Venice, Journey's End, Christmas carol and do the Power and Conflict section for poetry.

Any theories are welcome! :smile:

Thanks
Reply 1
Kingship is a highly predicted paper, 1 paragraph on Duncan, 1 on Macbeth and 1 on Malcolm
Reply 2
Original post by h11huang
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any valid predictions as to what poems/characters/themes will appear in the 2023 gcse? I do Merchant of Venice, Journey's End, Christmas carol and do the Power and Conflict section for poetry.

Any theories are welcome! :smile:

Thanks

My teacher thinks it will be loyalty for Macbeth and for AICs something on Mrs Birling
Reply 3
How did you find it? I thought the question about bravery in Journey's end was the best one. I mainly wrote about Raleigh and Hibbert and Stanhope. Hope it went ok!
Does anybody have good predictions what will come up for Literature Paper 2? I'm predicting either The Man He Killed or Charge of the Light Brigade for poetry (Power and Conflict).

On the other hand, I'm genuinely stumped for Frankenstein, obsession hasn't come up yet but I feel like that would be too easy.
Reply 5
Yeah, i think it might be charge of the light brigade too as that hasn't come up yet. I don't think what were they like? as appeared yet either, so it may be that !
Reply 6
i hope pride comes up. no problem came out last year but it was about a problem and not identity or pride.
Reply 7
hey guys, any ideas for what will come up for edexcel gcse chritmas carols or the conflict poems?
Original post by oliverkelly
hey guys, any ideas for what will come up for edexcel gcse chritmas carols or the conflict poems?

I think that destruction of Sennacherib or cousin Kate might come up but I’ve legit done no revision im so scared 😭

Quick Reply

Latest