The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History Paper 1 (1HI0 10-13) - 18th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Please can someone answer quickly because my first exam is tommorow for history. For the medicine through time section in the modern era which includes the present, for the treatments section can we talk about stuff which are from other subjects like biology. So if i were to talk about modern treatments in medicine can I talk about stuff like monoclonal antibodies and bone marrow transplants even though they're not in the text books
Reply 21
Original post by 234532dsd32
Please can someone answer quickly because my first exam is tommorow for history. For the medicine through time section in the modern era which includes the present, for the treatments section can we talk about stuff which are from other subjects like biology. So if i were to talk about modern treatments in medicine can I talk about stuff like monoclonal antibodies and bone marrow transplants even though they're not in the text books

hi, i also have my medicine through time tomorrow as well ! I am guessing you can, as it still applies to the question. Make sure you find out the dates for them and put that in the answer as then it links into historical knowledge. Good luck :smile: !
(edited 11 months ago)

Hey :smile: Which exam board are you both studying history with?
Original post by Evil Homer
Hey :smile: Which exam board are you both studying history with?

Edexcel GCSE
Reply 24
anyone got any tips on to how to answer the source 4 marker on western front
Reply 25
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7340667
Original post by reo420
Does anyone have predictions for USA (The USA, 1954–75) and for Germany (Weimar and Nazi Germany, 1918–39)? I would really appreciate it!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7340667
theres the link for the paper 3 chat that would probavly be more helpful
Reply 26
Original post by zainab74945994
I am doomed I am doing warfare

Literally have no idea what im doing tbh
Original post by Edgebug

do you mean the one with the follow up question?

i would always chose the question first because it makes it easier to look for a detail in the source. Then choose your source, i would always opt for medical reports or personal diary and you can add extra info to ensure you get the marks.

the 4 marker at the very start you simply state 2 features and give a one or two sentence explanation

i would say that you can because my teachers told us we could mention covid in a present day question and that won’t be in a text book so as long as you explain your point it will be fine
Reply 29
Original post by Edgebug

i’ll show an example wait.
the question is how could you follow up source a to find out more about the treatment of battle injuries by medical staff
so this is your source for example :
IMG_0289.jpeg

as it is not a written source and a picture, just write down what you see/what stands out to you the most, what i basically see is a soldier working alongside nurses to treat soldiers and that would be the answer to the first part
a question i would ask is : was there enough medical staff to treat wounded soldiers during the western front ? answer to second part
something that would help me find the answer to my question : medical staff records from the casualty clearing station, third part
how this would help answer my question : it would provide me with statistics and averages of the amount of medical staff available to treat soldiers on the western front
Reply 30
Original post by emilyworrell
i would say that you can because my teachers told us we could mention covid in a present day question and that won’t be in a text book so as long as you explain your point it will be fine

woah that’s what my teacher said today
Original post by moroselife
woah that’s what my teacher said today

it does make a good point, especially if the first question in the section 2 is about ways in which medical or renaissance are similar to modern medicine as you can talk about quarentine
Reply 32
it does make a good point, especially if the first question in the section 2 is about ways in which medical or renaissance are similar to modern medicine as you can talk about quarentine

i hate that question so much but hopefully it’s not too bad
i hate that question so much but hopefully it’s not too bad

i remember when i did it in my mocks i got 1 mark cus i was never taught how to do it properly but i get it now so hopefully we get a good question
Reply 34
i remember when i did it in my mocks i got 1 mark cus i was never taught how to do it properly but i get it now so hopefully we get a good question

bro same here 💀💀 i think i’ll just keep going over it and for the western front describe two features of, i’ll just try to make up some questions and answer them today
bro same here 💀💀 i think i’ll just keep going over it and for the western front describe two features of, i’ll just try to make up some questions and answer them today

my teacher gave us a predicted paper today, the two features question was on the RAMC but it could also be on FANY
Reply 36
my teacher gave us a predicted paper today, the two features question was on the RAMC but it could also be on FANY

my teacher gave us top 10 facts to remember about medicine through time n we briefly went over RAMC and FANY, omg what were the predicted questions ? for the entire paper?
my teacher gave us top 10 facts to remember about medicine through time n we briefly went over RAMC and FANY, omg what were the predicted questions ? for the entire paper?

yes i can tell you what they thought

2 features - RAMC
sources - shell shock
similarites/differences - understanding anatomy was different in medieval and industrial
12 marker - limited progress in medicine in medieval
16 marker - work of edward jenner was most significant in industrial or individuals played important role in development of treatment in medieval

only predictions though
Original post by 04MR17

Edexcel GCSE History Paper 1 (1HI0 10-13) - 18th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 18th May 2023 - Morning
Length: 1 hour 15 mins

Resources:
Exam board website - https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/history-2016.html

For the exam in medicine through time do we need to know about the 1st public health act, because all the past papers ive looked at and the revision guide i have made by pearson edexcel only talks about the 2nd public health act in 1975
For the exam in medicine through time do we need to know about the 1st public health act, because all the past papers ive looked at and the revision guide i have made by pearson edexcel only talks about the 2nd public health act in 1975

i would look over it just in case but i doubt that it will come up, but just be aware of what it is

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending