The Student Room Group

RCS

Has anyone not heard back from RCS yet.my daughter sent her self tape off in January and as of today still hasn't heard back. She emailed them Thursday and they said they were still considering her audition. !
Hello, it took a long while for me to hear back too - I only found out about last week I had been recalled and that audition took place soon after, so it seems perhaps they're running a bit late with regards to getting back to people this year! Definitely still a chance she may be recalled as I have only just been recalled! Wishing your daughter all the best.
Reply 2
Thank you! And to you.
Reply 3
Original post by Sunny51
Thank you! And to you.

Just had email she has a recall but it's on zoom . Was yours in person?
That's fantastic news! Well done to your daughter! Mine was indeed on Zoom too. It was a straightforward audition and the panel were v friendly. I did a third round recently also on Zoom, as apparently the London dates had finished (I previously selected London should I be recalled as it's much easier for me to get to). So unfortunately I couldn't audition in person for the third round. Perhaps may be something to anticipate!

It does seem like the audition process has been delayed this year - I don't recall it being this way for previous years, so maybe it's just a one-off.
Original post by Sunny51
Just had email she has a recall but it's on zoom . Was yours in person?
Reply 5
Original post by StudyingActing
That's fantastic news! Well done to your daughter! Mine was indeed on Zoom too. It was a straightforward audition and the panel were v friendly. I did a third round recently also on Zoom, as apparently the London dates had finished (I previously selected London should I be recalled as it's much easier for me to get to). So unfortunately I couldn't audition in person for the third round. Perhaps may be something to anticipate!

It does seem like the audition process has been delayed this year - I don't recall it being this way for previous years, so maybe it's just a one-off.

Hi! I am auditioning for RCS this year. May I know what happened at the zoom recall?
Original post by Evachui
Hi! I am auditioning for RCS this year. May I know what happened at the zoom recall?

Hello! My third round Zoom recall was really fun and the panel were lovely. We had to prepare a short scene (just one of the characters) and a new monologue from a selection they sent by email. They provided me with the short scene and the character I should play too. These are all fairly short pieces and so not too difficult to prepare/remember if you have to learn them in a short period of time. I remember we did a warm up with the two panelists and various exercises with the other auditionees which were a lot of fun (there were only two other applicants auditioning alongside me). I also did my short scene with a former student of RCS who was sitting in on the audition, and we presented them to the other applicants/panelists and were given re-direction. There was also a chance to ask him questions about the training, school etc.
Afterwards, we all had our separate auditions/interviews with the panel alone and presented our prepared monologue. It was a relaxed yet focused experience really, and I would say to throw yourself into everything and really show your ability to work in a team if you can. Make clear choices for your monologue too and have fun with the piece :smile: Don't overthink it, it will all be okay!

I remember second round recalls are usually more brief and you (usually) don't have to prepare anything extra, I just did my speeches and had a short interview the panel and maybe some redirection. I hope this helps! Wishing you so much luck.
Reply 7
@StudyingActing

Thank you so much! It's really helpful! Did you audition for acting or MT?
I did acting:smile: wishing you so much luck!
Original post by Evachui
@StudyingActing

Thank you so much! It's really helpful! Did you audition for acting or MT?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending