The Student Room Group

Can people who you add to your ignore list pm you?

Just wondering :smile:. Want to learn how to block people on here if possible.
Thanks!
(edited 1 year ago)
Yes. People on your ignore list don’t know they’re ignored.

If you’re ignoring them then you don’t see their PM (I don’t think!)
You can limit PMs to only people on your contacts list https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions
I need to do this I keep getting creepy messages off guys
Original post by Miss Paige

You can (and should) report any DM that you aren’t comfortable with.

Same as with posts there’s a “report” link that lets you pass the DM on to the site moderation team to look into.

I read a post on a thread from a previous year and aparently if you add people to your ignore list, it’ll prevent them from messaging you and you wont see their forum posts. However there is the option to completely turn off pms too.

You should create a thread and post some of these in chat. Would be good bants lol. I don’t get many pms. Had a few from this random canadian person but as soon as they found out i was brown the messages’ tone started getting a bit racist, their behaviour changed, and i blocked them. Some nasty weird people on tsr :rolleyes:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by boulderingislife
You should create a thread and post some of these in chat. Would be good bants lol. I don’t get many pms. Had a few from this random canadian person but as soon as they found out i was brown the messages’ tone started getting a bit racist, their behaviour changed, and i blocked them. Some nasty weird people on tsr :rolleyes:

as with creepy messages - please do use the "Report Post" link on racist DMs to pass them on to the site moderation staff.

Creepy/racist DMers are likely to be targeting other users not just you so once they're reported the site staff can get them off TSR for good.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3338795
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by PQ
as with creepy messages - please do use the "Report Post" link on racist DMs to pass them on to the site moderation staff.

Creepy/racist DMers are likely to be targeting other users not just you so once they're reported the site staff can get them off TSR for good.

I blocked the user and deleted their messages. Too late to report but next time I will. Thanks for the heads up!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9

Oh wow, that's outrageous! Sorry that you experienced that here. ****-poor behaviour.

I swear it’s against the rules to publicly post the contents of PMs? It’s best to just report the hell out of their private messages.
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
I swear it’s against the rules to publicly post the contents of PMs? It’s best to just report the hell out of their private messages.

If it is then i take back my suggestion! Too many rules on tsr to know them all :colondollar:
Original post by gjd800
Oh wow, that's outrageous! Sorry that you experienced that here. ****-poor behaviour.

Cheers bro 🙏🏽

Quick Reply

Latest