The Student Room Group

Where to do clearing calls???

Ok I know this is gonna sound weird but I’ve just been overthinking everything to do with results day.
I was just wondering if you do need to do clearing where would you make your calls??😭😭 like I’m not gonna do it at school and not at home either with my family watching.
So I feel like I need to go somewhere and just deal with it alone in peace🥲
Reply 1
whats wrong with doing it at school? you'll be surrounded by people who want to help you succeed and have prior experience with the problem you're facing
Reply 2
Find a quiet corner - preferably with a chair and table - and make sure you have paper and a pen, your UCAS id and your results.
Off you go.
Original post by Whynot3
Ok I know this is gonna sound weird but I’ve just been overthinking everything to do with results day.
I was just wondering if you do need to do clearing where would you make your calls??😭😭 like I’m not gonna do it at school and not at home either with my family watching.
So I feel like I need to go somewhere and just deal with it alone in peace🥲

Go anywhere you want but it would preferably be somewhere where you have internet access to check for phone numbers and what grades universities are asking for. Realistically school or at home are probably the best places. Schools would probably be best as they will have people to help you look for courses. It might be a good idea to check courses before Thursday and have a look at courses you might want to apply to at differing grades so you can ring around and get places. Another option would be your bedroom provided you have access to the internet and phone.

You might also find that when you open up hub you might be accepted. Most universities accept students with slightly lower grades.

What grades are your firm and insurance.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Well medicine is out the window so I just have one offer from Queen Mary for biochemistry and that’s AAB
Having computing facilities available is a big help so you can quickly find the vacancies on the universities' websites and then call up the number listed there on your phone - having to juggle phoning out with searching for information on your phone is awkward and adds unnecessary stress. So consider that factor as well.
Original post by Whynot3
Well medicine is out the window so I just have one offer from Queen Mary for biochemistry and that’s AAB

Are you tied to biomedicine and in London as that will be very restrictive. It might well be Queen Mary might accept a dropped grade. Who knows. I have sent a PM if you want to reply.
Hi,

My advice would be somewhere comfortable and make sure you have all the information you need. Such as your Grades, UCAS ID (Personnal ID). As well as this a good phone connection and access to the internet is very useful as well.

Best wishes,
Dafydd

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending