The Student Room Group

pWc flying start degree 2024

i just got through to the assessment centre of my flying start accounting application. Has anyone done it already or are they all held in march??

I need tips and know how its like😭

Scroll to see replies

Original post by roses.
i just got through to the assessment centre of my flying start accounting application. Has anyone done it already or are they all held in march??

I just got through as well what uni did u apply to?
Reply 2
Original post by Harambe1001
Original post by roses.

queen mary you?
Reply 3
I also got invited to an assessment centre for accounting at uni of Manchester
They give you a briefing and there is info online. Don’t worry and good luck. Be prepared to answer why PwC? Why that course and location ? Etc. but there is normally a webinar saying what to expect
Reply 5
Original post by Cmensah970
I also got invited to an assessment centre for accounting at uni of Manchester

When is your assessment centre event ? I applied to the one at university of Manchester too and got through to the assessment centre too
Original post by roses.

queen mary you?Manchester,
From what I heard I think we have to decide on strategies for a fictional business, and individually ur given a strategy and u have to explain it to other ppl in ur group. Heard its quite small groups as well...
Reply 7
Do you think people who chose business related a levels have a higher chance of being successful in the assessment centre event ? I don’t have any experience with business and the only relevant a level I have is maths so im not sure if I have to prepare extra compared to others with business a levels and from what you said about you hearing that having to choose strategies for a fictional business I feel like that’s something people who have had experience would be good at answering.
Reply 8
Original post by fzahid123
When is your assessment centre event ? I applied to the one at university of Manchester too and got through to the assessment centre too
Yes its good
Reply 9
Original post by Harambe1001

queen mary you?
Manchester,
From what I heard I think we have to decide on strategies for a fictional business, and individually ur given a strategy and u have to explain it to other ppl in ur group. Heard its quite small groups as well...

i dont know how to start preparing😭 they are doing an assessment centre preparation session on thursday so hopefully that should help
I just had the preparation session and tbh it didn’t really help 😭
Reply 11
I just had the preparation session and tbh it didn’t really help 😭

are u serious😭😭 do they not give ANY tips smh
Original post by roses.

are u serious😭😭 do they not give ANY tips smh

I mean tbh they just went through what we will be expecting to happen on the day and then they spend 30 minutes answering questions, only thing I learned was that we’ll only be doing a group task and no one on one interview which most people thought we would be doing. I can add u to a group chat I just started up if you want more info and possible stuff? there’s only me and this other girl tho 😭
Reply 13

I mean tbh they just went through what we will be expecting to happen on the day and then they spend 30 minutes answering questions, only thing I learned was that we’ll only be doing a group task and no one on one interview which most people thought we would be doing. I can add u to a group chat I just started up if you want more info and possible stuff? there’s only me and this other girl tho 😭

okay that would be great
Reply 14
Oh i did my assessment centre yesterday but I did a one to one interview. I applied for Manchester is it for different course or?
Original post by dquan
Oh i did my assessment centre yesterday but I did a one to one interview. I applied for Manchester is it for different course or?

Did you apply for university of Manchester or the Manchester PwC branch ? Because if it’s the latter then im pretty sure you do the one to one interview but for the flying start with uni of Manchester they said there wasn’t any one to one interview from what I heard
Reply 16
Did you apply for university of Manchester or the Manchester PwC branch ? Because if it’s the latter then im pretty sure you do the one to one interview but for the flying start with uni of Manchester they said there wasn’t any one to one interview from what I heard
I applied for the Manchester branch . So y oh could apply for Manchester Uni for Pwc?
Original post by dquan
I applied for the Manchester branch . So y oh could apply for Manchester Uni for Pwc?

yeah so I was talking about the assessment centre for the people who applied for the fly start accounting programme (I applied to university of Manchester) but since the fly start accounting is with unis i think they didn’t do a one to one interview with those people and instead did the one to one with the apprenticeships or normal applicants
Pls add me!!!, Whats your IG?
Reply 19
Original post by nicky6099
Pls add me!!!, Whats your IG?
hii ! ive also applied and got my AC next week , whats your IG ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending