The Student Room Group

Can I use AQA material to revise for edexcel gcse exams?

I find AQA revision material more helpful and easy to understand. It is also more available than edexcel. However, I am taking edexcel exams will revising from AQA differ than edexcel? Is there a difference in qualifications and material between the exam boards?

More specifically speaking, science.

Thanks
Yea. There will be a difference. Maybe look at the topics that they both contain and revise them only. There will be things that AQA contain, that Edexcel doesn't and vice versa.
Thanks for your time
Compare the specs on each and find out how closely they cross-over.
I don't think it's a good idea,
The examiners are looking for specific things in the mark scheme but by all means use it to help you but make sure you use the edexcel one too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends in the subject really, something like maths this might work better for than other subjects
Posted from TSR Mobile
thank you good idea
Original post by StuDYINGkills
I find AQA revision material more helpful and easy to understand. It is also more available than edexcel. However, I am taking edexcel exams will revising from AQA differ than edexcel? Is there a difference in qualifications and material between the exam boards?

More specifically speaking, science.

Thanks

Might be able to, I use mygcsescience (AQA) for revision and I'm on Edexcel :smile: Some of the stuff is the same :yep: Just make sure you have something to refer back to for edexcel. I have my revision guide school gave us for that. What materials are you using though?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Black Rose
Might be a
ble to, I use mygcsescience (AQA) for revision and I'm on Edexcel :smile: Some of the stuff is the same :yep: Just make sure you have something to refer back to for edexcel. I have my revision guide school gave us for that. What materials are you using though?
ME TOO!!:smile: it's so helpful but I am afraid it doesn't cover the material I need for the sciences. I am using materials such as mygcsescience and other AQA videos :/
Original post by StuDYINGkills
ME TOO!!:smile: it's so helpful but I am afraid it doesn't cover the material I need for the sciences. I am using materials such as mygcsescience and other AQA videos :/

Like I said, you'll need something from edexcel definitely :yep: I find that my edexcel revision guide is pretty crap though so I use CGP, which I find very helpful, it has most of the stuff I need to learn. Then use the edexcel one to go over stuff and learn things that I haven't already. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Black Rose
Like I said, you'll need something from edexcel definitely :yep: I find that my edexcel revision guide is pretty crap though so I use CGP, which I find very helpful, it has most of the stuff I need to learn. Then use the edexcel one to go over stuff and learn things that I haven't already. :smile:
Thank you so much for your time and tip:smile:
Reply 11
Yes llwadehjejdjdjdueiwkwjqiwkqskak
Reply 12
;-;

Quick Reply

Latest