The Student Room Group

When to take STEP

if I apply to Cambridge, the deadline of application is in October and STEP is only offered once a year in june. So do I have to do the test before I submit my application? Is there any specific requirement for that?
And should I take both STEP 2 and 3? They seem pretty similar though.
Thank you so much :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
if I apply to Cambridge, the deadline of application is in October and STEP is only offered once a year in june. So do I have to do the test before I submit my application? Is there any specific requirement for that?
And should I take both STEP 2 and 3? They seem pretty similar though.
Thank you so much :smile:

For cambridge math tripos, you need to take both STEP 2 and 3. Unless you're surely going to get at least 1,1 don't do the test before the application.

You should apply first, prepare for interview, if successful then prepare for STEP. Get at least 1,1 (although some people get in even missing a STEP grade)
Reply 2
let's say if, just if I got 1,1 on STEP before I apply and add this to my application, it'll for sure boost the chance of getting admitted?
thank you so much :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
let's say if, just if I got 1,1 on STEP before I apply and add this to my application, it'll for sure boost the chance of getting admitted?
thank you so much :smile:

No, they may make you re do it to get higher grades. Sit STEP in Year 13 - everyone does.
Reply 4
thanks for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending