The Student Room Group

Late ADHD assessment right before my A levels, can i get extra time?

Heyyy, so i'm getting an assessment for mainly ADHD (but for also other things) in mid-May and my A levels start like 2 weeks later. I had counselling for a few things last year and was referred but because of the long waiting list, I only got my appointment now.
Exam time has always been an issue for me and this year I've been really struggling with doing well in my exams.
Would I able to get the 25% extra time and should I send my issue to uni's under the mitigating circumstances??
Original post by yec_428
Heyyy, so i'm getting an assessment for mainly ADHD (but for also other things) in mid-May and my A levels start like 2 weeks later. I had counselling for a few things last year and was referred but because of the long waiting list, I only got my appointment now.
Exam time has always been an issue for me and this year I've been really struggling with doing well in my exams.
Would I able to get the 25% extra time and should I send my issue to uni's under the mitigating circumstances??

I would doubt you will be able to get extra time now as there is a deadline that the application to the JCQ has to be made before, and I would imagine that deadline would have passed by now. It may be worth sending the issue to your unis as mitigating circumstances, as it could affect your performance in your A-levels.

Quick Reply

Latest