The Student Room Group

a level subject

would you recommend taking applied science over an individual science subject?
My friend currently does applied science btec however I would say if you want to go into medicine your best chance is through individual sciences as btec can sometimes be disregarded and a lot of unis didn’t have that as an option. Most look for bio, chem or bio and maths etc. it’s up to you though and if you look into the area you want to go into and applied science works then you can choose which suits you better!
Reply 2
Original post by Hailey629
My friend currently does applied science btec however I would say if you want to go into medicine your best chance is through individual sciences as btec can sometimes be disregarded and a lot of unis didn’t have that as an option. Most look for bio, chem or bio and maths etc. it’s up to you though and if you look into the area you want to go into and applied science works then you can choose which suits you better!

all righht, thank you so much!! i didn't think that they would disregard it haha. thank you for replying!!
Original post by laura!!!
all righht, thank you so much!! i didn't think that they would disregard it haha. thank you for replying!!

No worries I know looking at unis with her and summer schools they all had a requirement well most of a level biology and she didn’t do it so she was very limited and then she had found 1-2 unis but it just limits you a bit more. It can vary if you want to go into a specific area of practice though

Quick Reply

Latest