The Student Room Group

how to firm and insure?? as an IB student

i have my IB finals approaching and i was wondering what if i don't get my predicted grade? how should i firm or insure my offers? I have received offers from all of my applications. my IB grades won't be out till july, so yeah, how should i go about it?
Original post by iraiya01
i have my IB finals approaching and i was wondering what if i don't get my predicted grade? how should i firm or insure my offers? I have received offers from all of my applications. my IB grades won't be out till july, so yeah, how should i go about it?

Your predicted grade was what you used to obtain the offers you did. It's now irrelevant. What you need to look at is the offer grade - i.e. what grade you've been asked to achieve as a condition of the offer. That may be above or below your predicted grade.

Which of the universities / courses for which you'd received offers would you prefer to attend? That's you firm choice. If, come July, you've met their offer conditions, then that's where you're going.

If you don't meet the offer conditions, then your results will be provided to your insurance university / course. So your insurance choice is a back-up option in case your miss the grade requirement of your firm choice. Normally, you'd select an offer as your insurance offer if it has a lower grade requirement than your firm.

So, of the offers which have lower entry requirements that the one you've picked as your firm, which would you prefer to attend? OK - that's your insurance choice. Simple.

Note that even if you miss the offers grade, your firm choice might choose to accept you anyway (as a "near miss" candidate). If they don't and you also miss the offer grade of your insurance choice, they might choose to accept you anyway. If neither don't, then you can see what courses still have places and apply to one of those via UCAS Clearing.

Also see this page on the UCAS site for links about what happens on results day, and how Clearing works.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending