The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Offer missed by one point for KCL biomed- do i have a chance?

I am missing my offer by one point, and they have my application on hold until A-level results- do I have a chance? Do you know if anyone got admitted for KCL biomed this year without fullfilling all requirements??
Original post by alexML
I am missing my offer by one point, and they have my application on hold until A-level results- do I have a chance? Do you know if anyone got admitted for KCL biomed this year without fullfilling all requirements??

It is impossible to know. It is dependent on whether other students have met their offers and that can change every year. If enough students meet their offers you will be rejected If there is still places after taking into account the students who have met their firm or insurance offers then they will take the nearest misses and you would have a good chance.

As already said nobody including the university can tell you at this stage. It is a case of waiting and hoping until A level results day when the vast majority of results are out.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Thank you for the reply. The waiting is so stressful… I was wondering if anyone in my situation had a positive reply this year, or we are all in this waiting game…
Reply 3
Original post by alexML
Thank you for the reply. The waiting is so stressful… I was wondering if anyone in my situation had a positive reply this year, or we are all in this waiting game…

hey, i'm in the same boat.. i also missed it by 1 point for the same course- the HL condition. i'm so nervous as well, the wait is insane.. it's been on hold since 6 july sadly.. i'm rly praying this works out
Original post by angelica27
hey, i'm in the same boat.. i also missed it by 1 point for the same course- the HL condition. i'm so nervous as well, the wait is insane.. it's been on hold since 6 july sadly.. i'm rly praying this works out

The vast majority of students attending UK universities have sat A levels. These students dont get their results until middle of August. Until universities get their results they dont know how many students have met their offers and whether they any spare places for near misses. This is why IB students have to wait. The fact that your results are out much earlier than A levels is what causes this problem. Unlike A level students who are still wondering what their results will be you already know yours so are in an advantageous position. It is a question of waiting to find out how many have met their offers and neither IB or A level students know whether they have been accepted until the same date.
Reply 5
Original post by alexML

Same here, except with History. I got the overall grade requirement and two of my HL subjects but missed the 3rd condition by 1 point (got 5 instead of 6). History isn't the most competitive subject so I'm hoping they'll be a chance, does anyone have any idea about this?
Original post by pweuh12
Same here, except with History. I got the overall grade requirement and two of my HL subjects but missed the 3rd condition by 1 point (got 5 instead of 6). History isn't the most competitive subject so I'm hoping they'll be a chance, does anyone have any idea about this?

Nobody can tell. It depends on the results of others and if there are any spare places after all the students who met their offers,
Reply 7
Hi everyone!
I got in! My place was indeed confirmed today despite the near-miss in the offer requirements! Thank you everyone for your replies in this thread and wishing everyone the best result as well!😊

Quick Reply

Latest