The Student Room Group

Exam resit

I just received my iB results and my grades were much lower than what I had expected and I didn’t get into my firm uni or insurance. Everyone keeps telling me to just go through clearing and I have considered it but I was pretty set on my firm uni. I can either resit in November or I can just go to a uni I don’t want to go to as much and get a bachelors there then move for my masters. But I can’t decide between the two. Which one do you guys think is better ?

If I apply to Warwick for a masters will they look at my iB grades as well when considering me ?

I am just feeling really lost and confused and don’t want to end up making thr wrong decision.
The thing is you could go to some other university and love it that said you could always be wondering what if I’d say resit but it’s a hard decision and it’s totally down to you.
Reply 2
If you get a 2:1 or a First, and have two strong academic references from your undergrad Uni, most UK Unis will not care where you did your undergrad degree.

Do not get hung up over 'which Uni'. Look at Clearing - at this stage there will be some good options, and even more will be available in August.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
If you get a 2:1 or a First, and have two strong academic references from your undergrad Uni, most UK Unis will not care where you did your undergrad degree.

Do not get hung up over 'which Uni'. Look at Clearing - at this stage there will be some good options, and even more will be available in August.

thank you for the response !
I am thinking of going to Loughborough or Bath through clearing for my bachelors degree and then switch. I understand that as long as I do well in my degree the where i did it wont matter but is there a possibility they will look at my IB results when making a decision about letting me do a masters somewhere else?
Reply 4
Original post by Vidhisha_
thank you for the response !
I am thinking of going to Loughborough or Bath through clearing for my bachelors degree and then switch. I understand that as long as I do well in my degree the where i did it wont matter but is there a possibility they will look at my IB results when making a decision about letting me do a masters somewhere else?

Bath and Loughborough are both better than many RG unis - which degree are you looking at?
Reply 5
Original post by Muttley79
Bath and Loughborough are both better than many RG unis - which degree are you looking at?

Physics. I am also considering Southampton as well but I just cant decide between them.
Reply 6
Original post by Vidhisha_
Physics. I am also considering Southampton as well but I just cant decide between them.

Look at the courses and modules. How will you be assessed? Do you prefer exams or coursework.

Consider the three places - Bath is a city with history, Loughborough is smaller, Southampton is busy and larger.

Any would be fine - Warwick is more noted for Maths and MORSE than Physics and its location is a bit 'marmite'.
(edited 9 months ago)
Look at the courses and modules. How will you be assessed? Do you prefer exams or coursework.

Consider the three places - Bath is a city with history, Loughborough is smaller, Southampton is busy and larger.

Any would be fine - Warwick is more noted for Maths and MORSE than Physics and its location is a bit 'marmite'.

Laughing out loud! :lol: ( Loved the way you described Warwick's location.)
Reply 8

Just wanted to update : i ended up choosing Southampton !!!

Thank you for the help guys !!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending