The Student Room Group

Math

Has anyone gone from a 4 to a 6 in 2 weeks in GCSE maths?
Given GCSE has been running for 40 years (thanks google), I'd say probably yes.
But that kind of follows the maths that you will definitely win a jackpot at a slot machine if you have infinite money, so... not helpful.
Original post by tonyiptony
Given GCSE has been running for 40 years (thanks google), I'd say probably yes.
But that kind of follows the maths that you will definitely win a jackpot at a slot machine if you have infinite money, so... not helpful.

What do you mean?
Reply 3
Original post by suzy23
Has anyone gone from a 4 to a 6 in 2 weeks in GCSE maths?

Are you talking about switching from foundation where you can't get higher than a 5 up to higher tier, or are you already doing higher tier but only achieving a level 4 at present? If you haven't covered higher tier topics that would be more of a challenge I'd say :smile:
Original post by davros
Are you talking about switching from foundation where you can't get higher than a 5 up to higher tier, or are you already doing higher tier but only achieving a level 4 at present? If you haven't covered higher tier topics that would be more of a challenge I'd say :smile:

I’m at a foundation level 4 and need higher 6. I have done a few of higher grade 6 topics by watching maths genie and GCSE maths tutor. By watching them i wondering if I can get the grade 6 and 7 topics done by the exams?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Original post by suzy23
I’m at a foundation level 4 and need higher 6. I have done a few of higher grade 6 topics by watching maths genie and GCSE maths tutor. By watching them i wondering if I can get the grade 6 and 7 topics done by the exams?

You probably want to get some teacher feedback on this if you can! The first step is obviously to choose some of the higher grade topics and have a go at them, but it's obviously going to vary from person to person how quickly you can pick up these topics and answer questions on them - if you've never seen these topics before it will be a challenge cos it can take time for the ideas to sink in and get sufficient practice before the exams.

Quick Reply

Latest