The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Law

Hi, I have recieved an offer for Law at AAA. Dyu reckon they’d accept A*AB instead?? Not sure if i’m gonna get the last A!!
Reply 1
depends on your uni. it would be best to ask the admissions team at the uni themselves either now or when you get your results
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Hi there,

So this is a difficult question to answer for sure, since all offers and acceptance of offers are at the discretion of the University academics and can depend on a range of factors such as number of applicants, size of cohort and quality of personal statement. However, your grades would be equivalent in terms of UCAS points, which would support your acceptance upon the course, but it would not guarantee it.

Good luck in getting your grades :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Reply 3
Original post by panda324
Hi, I have recieved an offer for Law at AAA. Dyu reckon they’d accept A*AB instead?? Not sure if i’m gonna get the last A!!

Depends on the uni! I know several people who had AAA offers from LSE, Edinburgh & Bristol and got A*AB and lost their places as it wasn’t AAA, even tho their A* was in the subject they were studying. It really depends on the uni but I would presume places like UCL, LSE, Oxford, Durham, Edinburgh, Bristol etc would not accept that. It depends on the others! I’ve heard Exeter can be pretty flexible on results day and there should be a decrease in top grades this year so maybe they would be more accommodating. If it’s a lower Russell group I would think that they would accept it but I wouldn’t bank on it and the top ones would definitely be stingy and not accept it. Normally it might depend on which subject you got the A* in and the B but with law that isn’t really a factor.
Reply 4
Original post by josesh
Depends on the uni! I know several people who haAAA offers from LSE, Edinburgh & Bristol and got A*AB and lost their places as it wasn’t AAA, even tho their A* was in the subject they were studying. It really depends on the uni but I would presume places like UCL, LSE, Oxford, Durham, Edinburgh, Bristol etc would not accept that. It depends on the others! I’ve heard Exeter can be pretty flexible on results day and there should be a decrease in top grades this year so maybe they would be more accommodating. If it’s a lower Russell group I would think that they would accept it but I wouldn’t bank on it and the top ones would definitely be stingy and not accept it. Normally it might depend on which subject you got the A* in and the B but with law that isn’t really a factor.

thanks sm. it’s Liverpool so not the best for law so i’m kinda hoping they’ll be lenient but ig let’s see 😬
Reply 5
Original post by panda324
thanks sm. it’s Liverpool so not the best for law so i’m kinda hoping they’ll be lenient but ig let’s see 😬

I would think Liverpool would be fine with it honestly. Definitely heard of people getting a grade or two lower and still getting in. Still have the mindset that they won’t but I would be pretty surprised if they didn’t. Good luck!
Reply 6
thank uuu
Reply 7
If you're thinking about doing law I would consider a different university. Don't get me wrong, I loved Liverpool and studied law there, but it is not a well regarded school for law. I have been applying for TCs and it has been very difficult although I have good experience, strong extracurriculars, and finished with a first class degree.

If you do decide to go to Liverpool, you can look forward to great teaching and support staff. Everyone I interacted with was incredibly supportive and insightful.

The earlier comment is just something to keep in mind. The TCs I am applying for are in London, so that will make a difference. You can still definitely get a TC after finishing law from Liverpool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending