The Student Room Group

french a level speaking exam 2023

how did everyones go?
Reply 1
mine is in 3 weeks, how was yours?
Reply 2
got mine in 5 days :frown:

think it's going to be quite possibly the worst day of my life but we'll see lol
good luck to everyone who has theirs coming up :smile:
Original post by joba288
got mine in 5 days :frown:

think it's going to be quite possibly the worst day of my life but we'll see lol
good luck to everyone who has theirs coming up :smile:

Don't say that, I'm sure you are going to smash it. I remember being so nervous for my language speaking but it's never as bad or terrifying as you think it's going to be.

Believe in yourself! :smile:
Reply 4
I did mine on the 28th of April. Im with Edexcel not AQA for reference but it’s roughly the same. Honestly don’t be worried about it! It goes by so so so quickly, so don’t forget to keep an eye on the clock. Make sure to ask questions though, it’s easy to forget them in the exam !! Good luck everyone !
Reply 5
Can anyone tell me what the subtopics on the speaking cards (aqa) are because i’m so unprepared lols and my exam is in three days
Reply 6
i’ve got mine tomorrow for edexcel and i think i might be sick with how nervous i am 🤢
Reply 7
Original post by ezgxxdwin
Can anyone tell me what the subtopics on the speaking cards (aqa) are because i’m so unprepared lols and my exam is in three days

They are the same as the subtopics for Paper 1 so the ones in the textbook / online. You get one of the six y12 topics and one of the six y13 topics!
So famille, immigration, le droit de vote, le séptieme art, cinema, marginalisés, société diverse to name a few. Hope that helps
Reply 8
Original post by astrid_lil
i’ve got mine tomorrow for edexcel and i think i might be sick with how nervous i am 🤢

good luck i hope you did well!
Reply 9
Original post by beefreya
how did everyones go?

Also reminder to those who havent done it yet, the edexcel topics are :1. le seconde guerre mondiale; la resistance, la collaboration and le regime de vichy 2. le societe francaise; les changements dans les structures familiales, l'education and le monde du travail 3. la culture francophone; musique, media et festivals 4. l'immigration et l'extreme droit; le positifs de l'immigration, les defis de l'immigration, and l'extreme droit (even if you've done it reminder for paper 1 :smile:)
Reply 10
Original post by ezgxxdwin

How'd it go?
Reply 11
My Speaking exam was an absolute disaster! I got really nervous and froze after a 1 minute into my project presentation. I don't think I was using sentences and I was giving single word or phrase responses. Afterwards the examiner-tutor said my problem was with my development ( of my answers or lack of them!). Not sure what to do.Whether I should now just withdraw and not sit the next papers!??
Reply 12
Original post by Susan57
My Speaking exam was an absolute disaster! I got really nervous and froze after a 1 minute into my project presentation. I don't think I was using sentences and I was giving single word or phrase responses. Afterwards the examiner-tutor said my problem was with my development ( of my answers or lack of them!). Not sure what to do.Whether I should now just withdraw and not sit the next papers!??

its ok! you can still get a good grade with the other papers! this one is less that the reading/listening!

Quick Reply

Latest