The Student Room Group

Previous PT study

Good Evening,

Could you please advise, if I have completed a 2 year HNC PT (1 day per week at college), would this likely be counted as 2 years or 1 year, with regards to applying for full time finance for a UG degree?

Many thanks
It will count as 2 years previous study
Reply 2
Hi, I wonder they count PT study as full time with regards to finance?

Much appreciated. Thanks for your reply.
Original post by wardheed
Hi, I wonder they count PT study as full time with regards to finance?

Much appreciated. Thanks for your reply.

They count previous part time study as previous study regardless of whether it’s full time or part time.
the assumption is that if you have an HNC then you would be going into yr 2 of a degree.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
They count previous part time study as previous study regardless of whether it’s full time or part time.
the assumption is that if you have an HNC then you would be going into yr 2 of a degree.

Hi PQ,

Thanks for getting back. I understand it, I just don't get the logic.

For example, if a student wanted to apply for a different FT HONS degree after completing an HNC.
SF view 2 years of PT study, the same as 2 years of FT study, when calculating.

So for the student who studied PT for an HNC. They would have studied 2 years, so the entitlement for the HONS degree would be
( 4 - 2 years = 2 years funding). Unfortunately, this student wouldn't be able to fund the full course.

The student who studied FT for the HNC. They would have studied 1 year, so the entitlement for the HONS degree would be
( 4 - 1 years = 3 years funding). This student would be able to fund the full course, even though they both have the same qualifications.

I guess that's just the way they work it.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.
Original post by wardheed
Hi PQ,

Thanks for getting back. I understand it, I just don't get the logic.

For example, if a student wanted to apply for a different FT HONS degree after completing an HNC.
SF view 2 years of PT study, the same as 2 years of FT study, when calculating.

So for the student who studied PT for an HNC. They would have studied 2 years, so the entitlement for the HONS degree would be
( 4 - 2 years = 2 years funding). Unfortunately, this student wouldn't be able to fund the full course.

The student who studied FT for the HNC. They would have studied 1 year, so the entitlement for the HONS degree would be
( 4 - 1 years = 3 years funding). This student would be able to fund the full course, even though they both have the same qualifications.

I guess that's just the way they work it.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

There’s no logic. It’s government legislation.

they didn’t expect students to move from part time to full time.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
There’s no logic. It’s government legislation.

You're right there!

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending