The Student Room Group

Stressed

I'm so overwhelmed everyday about my a level exams soon. I am working at ABB and I'm so scared I won't get into my uni choice (AAB)
Reply 1
Is anyone else feeling like this?
Try your best.

It may help to treat it like you are playing a boardgame. One where it's great if you win, and where not winning is fine and it's an enjoyable process to take on the challenge and see how well you can do.

Good exam technique will bump your results up by a few marks. Having a steady bedtime and getting-up time that leaves you alert at your scheduled exam times.Don't stay up late revising the night before. Do dedicate the entire day before the exam to cramming.
In the exam be strict on yourself on the time you give for each question. And answer the question and not what you'd like the question to be.
Fidget in your seat in the exam and stay hydrated to keep your brain working at top effectiveness.

See if you can get your mum or dad to feed you the highest quality food during exam weeks. No junk food. Loads of anti-oxidants.
https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/cognition/

Lean on your teachers now (this week and next week) for any topics you con't full understand. Treat your teachers as your employees in this. Make your teachers earn their money now.

Not getting the grades for your offers is fine. There's clearing. Or even better, skip uni altogether and go full-on in paving the way to you earning loads of money without a degree.

If you don't go to uni, make it the best thing that's ever happened to you. Because there's so much you can achieve in 3 years when you have complete freedom to do whatever you want with your time.
Reply 3
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Try your best.

It may help to treat it like you are playing a boardgame. One where it's great if you win, and where not winning is fine and it's an enjoyable process to take on the challenge and see how well you can do.

Good exam technique will bump your results up by a few marks. Having a steady bedtime and getting-up time that leaves you alert at your scheduled exam times.Don't stay up late revising the night before. Do dedicate the entire day before the exam to cramming.
In the exam be strict on yourself on the time you give for each question. And answer the question and not what you'd like the question to be.
Fidget in your seat in the exam and stay hydrated to keep your brain working at top effectiveness.

See if you can get your mum or dad to feed you the highest quality food during exam weeks. No junk food. Loads of anti-oxidants.
https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/cognition/

Lean on your teachers now (this week and next week) for any topics you con't full understand. Treat your teachers as your employees in this. Make your teachers earn their money now.

Not getting the grades for your offers is fine. There's clearing. Or even better, skip uni altogether and go full-on in paving the way to you earning loads of money without a degree.

If you don't go to uni, make it the best thing that's ever happened to you. Because there's so much you can achieve in 3 years when you have complete freedom to do whatever you want with your time.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try my hardest in the next 2 months now

Quick Reply

Latest