The Student Room Group

grades stress

i’m so stressed for grades i need AAA or my life gna be ruined and i’ll miss my offer ishsgznagxhsnsna
Hello,

I hope this can put your mind at ease from a third-year Biomedical Science student! Although at the time A-levels can seem life-altering there are many other options which allow you to still get into a university of your choice. For example, a lot of people go through clearing, this is where you can phone up on results day and see if there are spaces even if you didn't get the grades, a foundation year is a another great example which also gets you used to the university life and coming from a third year who is very sad to leave university, it is a great excuse for extra time there! Finally, you could always do an entry course or re-take a year depending on your degree choice. I'd suggest contacting your specific course at your chosen university to see your options.
However, it's super important to remember that A-levels are not the end of the world and there's many options that will get you to the same place whether or not you get the grades you're hoping for :smile:
Your life will not be ruined, I promise.
Reply 3
Original post by UniOfLincolnStudent
Hello,

I hope this can put your mind at ease from a third-year Biomedical Science student! Although at the time A-levels can seem life-altering there are many other options which allow you to still get into a university of your choice. For example, a lot of people go through clearing, this is where you can phone up on results day and see if there are spaces even if you didn't get the grades, a foundation year is a another great example which also gets you used to the university life and coming from a third year who is very sad to leave university, it is a great excuse for extra time there! Finally, you could always do an entry course or re-take a year depending on your degree choice. I'd suggest contacting your specific course at your chosen university to see your options.
However, it's super important to remember that A-levels are not the end of the world and there's many options that will get you to the same place whether or not you get the grades you're hoping for :smile:

thanks that makes me feel a lot better i appreciate it 🙏
Reply 4
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Your life will not be ruined, I promise.

i got an offer for AAA from my top uni and they don’t consider resits so i feel like there’s a lot of pressure on me
Original post by gshsghksjhajk
i got an offer for AAA from my top uni and they don’t consider resits so i feel like there’s a lot of pressure on me

I understand, but even if you don't end up going to your top uni, your life will not be ruined. You'll be ok.

Quick Reply

Latest