The Student Room Group

Girlfriend demands huge compliments from me for her Tiktok videos

So my girlfriend is a dancer. I love how good she is at this and am proud of her for her talent. She also likes to post Tiktoks once or twice a week (note she never feels like sharing them with me first bc i’m a close person to her, she just posts them and I’m just like the rest of the crowd seeing them) doing some tiktok dances that are currently trendy. But then when I tell her something in the lines of “wow i really like it it’s really good” she always heavily complains and gets upset about “the lack of compliments and excitement” that i gave to her. She said she wants some reaction in the lines of being ecstatic about how good she moves and looks in the video. Is she being reasonable for this? Is there a mistake on my part? I do feel like I really like how good she is at dancing, but I know this to a point that I’m not surprised anymore by it. And to be expected to feel like she wants weekly (commonly) and just about trendy tiktok dances (ie not a 2 week rehearsal or something) which in the end do not have a deep meaning to me feels at least unhealthy…
Reply 1
Just tell her that you've already said that you are supportive of her creative ventures and that she is a really good dancer, but expecting you to react with love and prays to EVERY single tiktok she does (twice a week) is insane. It's not normal to seek constant praise for such things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending