The Student Room Group

How do you know the potential of something early on?

It's something from internet dating. I just wondered how you assess something's potential early on. At the minute we are sharing comfortable silence as it were, I put that as a positive. I've had things that seemed like chemistry early on but didn't work out. This is just a bit slow but I feel attracted. Oh and is it a no no to ask her if she finds me attractive? Given I've told her I find her attractive
Reply 1
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
It's something from internet dating. I just wondered how you assess something's potential early on. At the minute we are sharing comfortable silence as it were, I put that as a positive. I've had things that seemed like chemistry early on but didn't work out. This is just a bit slow but I feel attracted. Oh and is it a no no to ask her if she finds me attractive? Given I've told her I find her attractive

You get along well in each other's company and find you have compatability. Doesn't take long if you do it properly.

When you say 'attractive' do you mean looks or personality (or both)? How much time have you spent together for each of you to assess the other? You don't ask that question anyway, as you find it out naturally as things progress.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
I think it's an offputing question.
You opened the door for that discussion when you complimented her, she could've returned a compliment back.

Maybe ask her what her type is rather than "do you find me attractive".
Turns out she's got kids so it's a bit of a deal-breaker but I still am attracted.
Reply 4
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Turns out she's got kids so it's a bit of a deal-breaker but I still am attracted.

So you're just gonna have fun with her?
Reply 5
Original post by xox416
So you're just gonna have fun with her?

And if he does, what is wrong with that ?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
And if he does, what is wrong with that ?

did I say something was wrong?
Reply 7
Original post by xox416
did I say something was wrong?

No need to be rude.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
No need to be rude.

Rich.
Reply 9
Original post by xox416
Rich.

k.
I knew there was a future with my girlfriend from halfway through the first date. She got extremely animated seemingly out of nowhere when the conversation somehow turned to entomology - and I knew I needed someone with that level of energy and passion in my life.

We met on Tinder, for the record. We now live together and recently bought a house.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending