The Student Room Group

AQA A GCSE Religious Studies Paper 2 (8062/ 2A and 2B) - 23rd May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucaaj777
i said about like lesser jihad and like assault to defend the faith and said ‘an eye for an eye’ because its like revenge??

that’s so good wish i thought of that
Original post by yoshinoya
can't agree more ... paper 2 is far difficult...

at least rp is over know… nothing we can do now
Reply 42
I know of at least 4 people who didn't do the final theme from not realising to turn over to the final section in the 'themes' booklet haha
Reply 43
Original post by snowatthebeach
I loved the exam sm but idk abt one question- did anybody do the 5 marker about the role of children in families for theme A? If so, what did you put?? I thought that was kinda a crazy question, I've never seen it before- only ever the role of parents...kinda threw me (btw I do Christianity and Buddhism)

that question was so hard omg i just put the “honor thy father and mother” quote and said they should continue the christian faith, but i think i got that one wrong
Reply 44
Original post by urmumsgf
that question was so hard omg i just put the “honor thy father and mother” quote and said they should continue the christian faith, but i think i got that one wrong

I wrote exactly the same thing as well about the 'honor thy father and mother'! I also said the role of the children in families was to be loved by their parents as they are 'made in god's image'.... bit of a stretch and I don't think I would have gotten the marks but still
Guys I forgot to leave 2 lines between each instruction what will happen ??
Original post by urmumsgf

I talked abt be fruitful and multiply in genesis and ny chosen religion had a quote abt children learning stories from their ancestors
Original post by emilyworrell
that enlightenment question for theme c was sent from hell… i did much better on paper 1

Literally waffled that
holy **** that exam sucked
Reply 49
Original post by hunniexo
I wrote exactly the same thing as well about the 'honor thy father and mother'! I also said the role of the children in families was to be loved by their parents as they are 'made in god's image'.... bit of a stretch and I don't think I would have gotten the marks but still

I wrote the same about mother and father and I said to learn from them and follow their teachings
i have a question, before my rs exam i had an rs lesson where my teacher covered all 4 themes for 15 mins each in one hour. She was testing us and asking us questions randomly. in the exam everything that she asked us questions about came up, I told her afterward and she winked at me and said "Really!". so do teachers look at the papers beforehand and did she just help us or was this just the biggest coincidence of my life. Please let me know!!!!
Original post by jiungie
That is what I also wrote, did you use a quote?

I sadly used quotes mainly for abortion. Will we still atleast get a grade 7 overall?
Predicted Grade Boundries?
Original post by Oh_my_goodness
i have a question, before my rs exam i had an rs lesson where my teacher covered all 4 themes for 15 mins each in one hour. She was testing us and asking us questions randomly. in the exam everything that she asked us questions about came up, I told her afterward and she winked at me and said "Really!". so do teachers look at the papers beforehand and did she just help us or was this just the biggest coincidence of my life. Please let me know!!!!

They cheated!!!
Reply 54
Original post by HasanOfficial
Predicted Grade Boundries?

Probably 175-179/204 for a 9
Reply 55
Original post by Oh_my_goodness

The teachers aren’t allowed see the paper. If they do they risk all of their students grades being brought into question. The security for the exam papers is very tight. There are a whole list of security requirements that a centre has to adhere to before they are allowed to be an examination centre. These include things like a lockable cupboard with no windows inside a room that can also be locked. And only two people are allowed to have the keys.

Papers are delivered not long before the exam is due. This is to stop teachers reading it and ‘teaching to the test'. If a centre breaks or deviates from these rules (and yes there are external checks and any unusual results will lead to an investigation of a centre’s procedures) then they lose the right to be an exam centre and risk all students who took the exam that day there being disqualified. At the very least, once the discrepancy is discovered, the students will all be expected to sit a different exam on a different day and the one they just sat considered invalid.

So hopefully she didn’t help all her students by reading the paper and teaching you all the answers!
I loved the exam sm but idk abt one question- did anybody do the 5 marker about the role of children in families for theme A? If so, what did you put?? I thought that was kinda a crazy question, I've never seen it before- only ever the role of parents...kinda threw me (btw I do Christianity and Buddhism)

Yeah, that was hard, I did honour your father and mother, and also that they should be taught to be Christian
Reply 57
Original post by melemk888
The teachers aren’t allowed see the paper. If they do they risk all of their students grades being brought into question. The security for the exam papers is very tight. There are a whole list of security requirements that a centre has to adhere to before they are allowed to be an examination centre. These include things like a lockable cupboard with no windows inside a room that can also be locked. And only two people are allowed to have the keys.

Papers are delivered not long before the exam is due. This is to stop teachers reading it and ‘teaching to the test'. If a centre breaks or deviates from these rules (and yes there are external checks and any unusual results will lead to an investigation of a centre’s procedures) then they lose the right to be an exam centre and risk all students who took the exam that day there being disqualified. At the very least, once the discrepancy is discovered, the students will all be expected to sit a different exam on a different day and the one they just sat considered invalid.

So hopefully she didn’t help all her students by reading the paper and teaching you all the answers!

The teachers don’t have any way to see the paper, they are kept under lock and key
Reply 58

i do hinduism and christianity- i said that having children is a way to join hindu families together by blood rather than just by marriage (waffled a bit) and i said that christians can use having children as a way to gain salvation because of the commandment to "be fruitful and multiply"
Original post by Abd467777
Probably 175-179/204 for a 9

I think it will be higher like 2019s boundaries bc they’re putting boundaries up thsi year but idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending