The Student Room Group

AQA A GCSE Religious Studies Paper 2 (8062/ 2A and 2B) - 23rd May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by sara572729
I think it will be higher like 2019s boundaries bc they’re putting boundaries up thsi year but idk

Depends on what everyone gets
Reply 61
Guys, for a quote for the roles of children, I said that in a hadith it says, "Respect your parents and God will grant you honour" But I was trying to say the quote "He who is good to his parents, blessings be upon him"
Do I still get the mark?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 62
Help! There was a 4 or 5 marker (I can’t remember) about why religious people would support victims of war/organisations
I do Christianity and Buddhism
I referenced Caritas because I thought they helped victims of war but everyone is telling me they don’t. I feel awful!
Original post by Evil Homer
Hey guys,

How did your second paper go today?

Pretty good i cant lie, some of the question i waffled with logic so im just hoping for the best atp
Original post by ThatGuy60
Guys, for a quote for the roles of children, I said that in a hadith it says, "Respect your parents and God will grant you honour" But I was trying to say the quote "He who is good to his parents, blessings be upon him"
Do I still get the mark?

icl to u, they never check the quotes so just hope ur examiner doesn't know the quote and assumes ur right
misunderstood the contraception 12 marker - can I still get a grade 7 overall? What will the possible grade boundries to get a 7 this year?
Reply 66
Original post by hunniexo
Help! There was a 4 or 5 marker (I can’t remember) about why religious people would support victims of war/organisations
I do Christianity and Buddhism
I referenced Caritas because I thought they helped victims of war but everyone is telling me they don’t. I feel awful!

caritas do support the victims of war. so do christian aid
Original post by ThatGuy60
Do I still get the mark?

I would think so, it's quite close but you never know
Original post by melemk888
The teachers aren’t allowed see the paper. If they do they risk all of their students grades being brought into question. The security for the exam papers is very tight. There are a whole list of security requirements that a centre has to adhere to before they are allowed to be an examination centre. These include things like a lockable cupboard with no windows inside a room that can also be locked. And only two people are allowed to have the keys.

Papers are delivered not long before the exam is due. This is to stop teachers reading it and ‘teaching to the test'. If a centre breaks or deviates from these rules (and yes there are external checks and any unusual results will lead to an investigation of a centre’s procedures) then they lose the right to be an exam centre and risk all students who took the exam that day there being disqualified. At the very least, once the discrepancy is discovered, the students will all be expected to sit a different exam on a different day and the one they just sat considered invalid.

So hopefully she didn’t help all her students by reading the paper and teaching you all the answers!

shes a very strict teacher when it comes to teaching, so really i dont know maybe it was a coincidence maybe it wasnt and maybe im just overthinking it and exaggerating. But if anything did happen in that case we'll just have to find out 🤷*♀️
Original post by Oh_my_goodness
shes a very strict teacher when it comes to teaching, so really i dont know maybe it was a coincidence maybe it wasnt and maybe im just overthinking it and exaggerating. But if anything did happen in that case we'll just have to find out 🤷*♀️

Sounds suspicious to me but could be a coincidence. Did this happen on the same day as the exam?
Original post by catsareawesome
Sounds suspicious to me but could be a coincidence. Did this happen on the same day as the exam?

no this happened yesterday so the day before the exam
Reply 71
that paper was BLESSED i didnt do too well on paper 1 so im feeling so much better now there wasnt a single question i struggled one except that one about the role of children
Reply 72
Original post by HasanOfficial
misunderstood the contraception 12 marker - can I still get a grade 7 overall? What will the possible grade boundries to get a 7 this year?

misunderstood in what way? if you just did it backwards eg read it as 'married couples can use contraception' then i dont think they can dock too many points as long as your argument is still balanced and you bring up the same points you would for the actual question, you just wont be able to get full marks
Reply 73
Exam was so lit. My fingers - not so much:colonhash:
I said that as well stop ugh yes I thought it was writing nonsense from all my knowledge of paper 1 on paper 2
Original post by lucaaj777
i said about like lesser jihad and like assault to defend the faith and said ‘an eye for an eye’ because its like revenge??
Original post by JaiD18
anyone have past 12 markers?

Same I’m looking for some
Original post by ShhajajajIaj
Same I’m looking for some

hey, are you sitting the RE paper this year?
thought these quotes may help you guys !Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 18.53.28.png
Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 18.53.36.png
Original post by dxrksxullllll
thought these quotes may help you guys !Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 18.53.28.png
Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 18.53.36.png

Have you sat your RS paper?
Original post by checkered-almond
Have you sat your RS paper?
yess last year I did and I got a grade 9 - 195/204 !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending