The Student Room Group

Official Dentistry 2024 Entry Applicants’ Thread

Scroll to see replies

hey, i'm also a first time dent applicant. i got 999998876 A*AA 2810 b2 and applied to KCL, KCL ESDP, QMUL, MANNY. I am also a contextual and really stressed because I've gotten no replies!!! anyone applied to any of the above and gotten a reply
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 221
Original post by mathchembiop
hey, i'm also a first time dent applicant. i got 999998876 A*AA 2810 b2 and applied to KCL, KCL ESDP, QMUL, MANNY. I am also a contextual and really stressed because I've gotten no replies!!! anyone applied to any of the above and gotten a reply

I applied to three of the same courses as you and I haven’t heard back from any of them! I attended a webinar with QMUL a few days ago and they said that they’ll have sent out the interview invites by Christmas.

I know people who have gotten rejections from both Manchester and QMUL already, so I guess, no replies or emails is a good sign.😂
Original post by .yes.
I applied to three of the same courses as you and I haven’t heard back from any of them! I attended a webinar with QMUL a few days ago and they said that they’ll have sent out the interview invites by Christmas.

I know people who have gotten rejections from both Manchester and QMUL already, so I guess, no replies or emails is a good sign.😂

Hi! I applied to QMUL, was wondering if you knew what that UCAT/predicted of people who got rejected were. I’m just a bit worried I might get rejected since I have 2730 A* AA predicted (I’ve heard nothing from them yet)
Reply 223
Original post by Nightshäde
Hi! I applied to QMUL, was wondering if you knew what that UCAT/predicted of people who got rejected were. I’m just a bit worried I might get rejected since I have 2730 A* AA predicted (I’ve heard nothing from them yet)

Yh they didn’t meet the entry requirements so that was probably why
Anyone received an offer from Bristol yet? 🙂
Reply 225
Yes however I am a mature student.(I have heard nothing off the other unis I’ve applied to though)
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Bee rose
Yes however I am a mature student.(I have heard nothing off the other unis I’ve applied to though)

Wow! Do you mind if I ask about what your statistics were when you applied?
Original post by Bee rose

By the way, just saw your story from past posts and it's so inspirational that you got an offer! So many congratulations!!
Reply 228
Original post by Gbains
Hi my daughter os on her third gap uear and working as dental nurse past 18 months. Trying to get past interview stages! She has turned down other defree offers in previous years as dentistry is her dream and having worked in field now too it has re affirmed her career. Any support as we have only had 2 interviews but not materialised into offers unfortunately. Desperately want just even one offer for her now so she can finally go to uni to follow her dreams after 3 years of waiting and applying and applying and re applying again. Thanks

Hi. First year dental student here at Dundee University. I was a post grad applicant (biomed 2.1 first degree), applied three times and got in on the third go around. I had to do some serious analysis of where I was going wrong as I got interviews every time (kings grad, qmul) but no offers.

All I can suggest is that the people doing interviews need to be impressed. They sit there all day and my previous performances clearly bored them to death due to my nerves. They are hoping that someone wows them with not only knowing answers to questions, but the way in which you convey it. Let them lead the conversation, don’t try and steer it your own way to sneak in bits about unrelated work experience or something like that because you think it will help. If it’s reasonable to, include it but often the questions are completely unrelated.

Know your stuff, if you only have one interview like me, act like you have 4. Be aware that there might be questions that surprise you. Any holes in your knowledge about any aspect of wanting to study dentistry at their university they will find.
Original post by Nightshäde

They've sent me an interview offer - I got 3150 UCAT and A*AA so its calm
Hey guys, I’ve got an interview coming up and I was wondering how long I should spend talking for each question. I realise this may vary for each question but what do you think roughly?
Original post by sjkyt343
Hi. First year dental student here at Dundee University. I was a post grad applicant (biomed 2.1 first degree), applied three times and got in on the third go around. I had to do some serious analysis of where I was going wrong as I got interviews every time (kings grad, qmul) but no offers.

All I can suggest is that the people doing interviews need to be impressed. They sit there all day and my previous performances clearly bored them to death due to my nerves. They are hoping that someone wows them with not only knowing answers to questions, but the way in which you convey it. Let them lead the conversation, don’t try and steer it your own way to sneak in bits about unrelated work experience or something like that because you think it will help. If it’s reasonable to, include it but often the questions are completely unrelated.

Know your stuff, if you only have one interview like me, act like you have 4. Be aware that there might be questions that surprise you. Any holes in your knowledge about any aspect of wanting to study dentistry at their university they will find.

Regarding your last paragraph, what would you say helped you to fill the gaps in your knowledge?
Original post by Sb12345670
Hey guys, I’ve got an interview coming up and I was wondering how long I should spend talking for each question. I realise this may vary for each question but what do you think roughly?

As you've said correctly, it depends, but also on you as a person. Different people will have different things to say relating to their skills and work experience and opinion on ethical scenarios. Talking for as long as you can with the time you've been allocated will allow you to say everything that you know for the interviewer to like and be impressed with

in short, it matters less about the length but about the content.
(edited 2 months ago)
Just wanted to ask anyone with a dentistry interview coming up, if they'd like a thread similar to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7390614 where daily questions are posted for people to have a go with for practice. Would anyone find it useful for their preparation?
Student Finance England is opening applications for full-time undergraduate courses for 2024 entry on Monday 11 March. Put a reminder in your calendar. :cyber:
Hii, I'm currently in Year 12 and will be applying to dentistry this year.
My top choice is Leeds uni but after looking at stats of how many applicants apply each year, which is around 450-500 applicants each year (when bmat was used) do you reckon the number of applicants will massively increase?
Original post by halimasaiyeda
My top choice is Leeds uni but after looking at stats of how many applicants apply each year, which is around 450-500 applicants each year (when bmat was used) do you reckon the number of applicants will massively increase?
yes this year the numbers were in the thousands, they did say specifically but I can't remember, sorry
Original post by halimasaiyeda
There were over 2200 applicants this year for Leeds and only 350 got called for an interview.

Quick Reply

Latest