The Student Room Group

Official Dentistry 2024 Entry Applicants’ Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EquivocateU2
Laughs in AR (no seriously people told me that would be the easiest section medify tells me otherwise)

Haha same but I'm told AR marks in medify is lower than the acutal UCAT so- (laughs in delusional)
Original post by toothysmile
Haha same but I'm told AR marks in medify is lower than the acutal UCAT so- (laughs in delusional)

Me trying to convince myself im gonna get 800+ in all sections (jk every syllogism in DM decides to mess with me)
Me trying to convince myself im gonna get 800+ in all sections (jk every syllogism in DM decides to mess with me)

Omg same! And also those long syllogisms... when are you planning on doing your ucat?
Omg same! And also those long syllogisms... when are you planning on doing your ucat?

Soon.
Really soon
Really soon

Best of luck I've got mine in two weeks...
Best of luck I've got mine in two weeks...

Thanks I'm gonna need it :smile:
Reply 27
just did my UCAT - got a score of 3210 :smile: but an SJT Band 3 :frown: - which dental schools don’t really care about the SJT band? Thanks
Original post by Harry5706
just did my UCAT - got a score of 3210 :smile: but an SJT Band 3 :frown: - which dental schools don’t really care about the SJT band? Thanks

Hi well done for your score!
Which sections did you find harder and did you find medify Q to be representative of the actual exam?
I would say to avoid manchester, liverpool, sheffield and cardiff they look at the band.
You have a good chance for newcastle, bristol, birmingham and maybe london unis.
Reply 29
Original post by Greekdentist
Hi well done for your score!
Which sections did you find harder and did you find medify Q to be representative of the actual exam?
I would say to avoid manchester, liverpool, sheffield and cardiff they look at the band.
You have a good chance for newcastle, bristol, birmingham and maybe london unis.

medify on the whole was representative in all sections, maybe not so much in VR (some different passage lengths and slightly different question styles) . Personally for me the SJT was the hardest one i’d ever seen (i was getting band 2 and some 1s in mocks) but that’s not to say that will be representative for everyone. I found the official UCAT resources (mocks A-D and the question banks) more representative for the SJT
medify on the whole was representative in all sections, maybe not so much in VR (some different passage lengths and slightly different question styles) . Personally for me the SJT was the hardest one i’d ever seen (i was getting band 2 and some 1s in mocks) but that’s not to say that will be representative for everyone. I found the official UCAT resources (mocks A-D and the question banks) more representative for the SJT

Thank you so much for your reply! :smile:
For SJT did you find the Q style new compared to the ones on medify or they were just difficult scenarios?
Also, did you find the AR and QR easier than medify?
Reply 31
Original post by Greekdentist
Thank you so much for your reply! :smile:
For SJT did you find the Q style new compared to the ones on medify or they were just difficult scenarios?
Also, did you find the AR and QR easier than medify?

i think difficult scenarios - on medify i found quite a few of the questions were easy to put under the Very Important/Appropriate or Not important/Appropriate at all, but in my exam a lot of the statements were almost a bit vague so difficult to classify if that makes sense.

In regards to QR and AR, i was always very good at QR, and AR really depends on the person - different people are able to spot different patterns but on the whole they were both of about the same difficulty across medify and the exam
i think difficult scenarios - on medify i found quite a few of the questions were easy to put under the Very Important/Appropriate or Not important/Appropriate at all, but in my exam a lot of the statements were almost a bit vague so difficult to classify if that makes sense.

In regards to QR and AR, i was always very good at QR, and AR really depends on the person - different people are able to spot different patterns but on the whole they were both of about the same difficulty across medify and the exam

Thank you so much all the best with your application! :smile:
Reply 33
Hi,
I'm wondering what schools to apply to. These are my stats and I'm in Year 12
GCSEs : 999999887
UCAT : 2770 B2
A Level Predictions : Haven't received yet but I think about A*AA

One problem is that I haven't got much work experience (only 3 days in a dental practice) but I have been volunteering in hospital wards for ~ 6 months

Reply 34
heya guys, if u need any help with ur application whether that's personal statements or interviews I can try my best ! I went from 4 rejections to 4 offers, my insta is helpfultoothfairy so feel free to drop a dm
hey guys, i just did my a levels and am on a gap year. i've decided to do dentistry but i have no work experience. is there any advice on getting last minute work experience?
Reply 36
Hi , need advice from experts.
Received my UCAT score: 2510 B2
GCSEs: 9999998887
Predicted A level ( currently) AAA ( May change A*AA)
I’m very disappointed with my UCAT. Which unis will give me a best chance for interview? Please help 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Thanks in advance

girl u did get 800+ in all sections...
hey everyone! just wanted some advice on which dental school to apply to
i did my UCAT today and got 2990 band 1
i have 999999998 in my gcses, the 8 is in english lit
i am predicted A*A*A for a-levels
i've done lots of work experience, volunteering and curriculars.

thank you
Original post by indiequeen
girl u did get 800+ in all sections...

that was 2 weeks ago lolol

Quick Reply

Latest