The Student Room Group

I was predicted 5a*s and didnt get into a single uni for mechanical/general engineeri

Ive slaved my life away for the last 2 years of my life to be the smartest i could be, i got the highest in my year 13 single maths and physics mocks in the entire year (and we’re rated the best sixth form in the uk). I did work experience and everything else. Ive even got FSM which means it should of been easier but apparently not

20 days before alevels and all i want to do is die
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by 16rchowdhury
Ive slaved my life away for the last 2 years of my life to be the smartest i could be, i got the highest in my year 13 single maths and physics mocks in the entire year (and we’re rated the best sixth form in the uk). I did work experience and everything else. Ive even got FSM which means it should of been easier but apparently not

20 days before alevels and all i want to do is die

That sounds really disappointing and I am not sure how that could happen. But hard though it must seem, you must put it behind you and look forward and focus on the next step which is the exams. This sounds like a really big deal now but in the big picture of life, with all kinds of changes in education and a shift to 'lifelong learning' + 50 years of career or indeed several careers (since people dont stay in the same job for more than a couple of years) ahead of you, this is just a blip. Besides, there are other options - such as taking a year off and reapplying with the actual exam results, clearing, and plenty of really interesting other degree programmes.
Reply 2
This is really surprising - I know similar is the case for comp sci and economics, but didn't think engineering was quite as competitive. Assuming you chose 5 top unis, there will surely be some still very good ones in clearing. There's lots of options, if you cant find anything good in clearing, look for an apprenticeship (maybe) or just have a year off and apply again with grades, you'll defintiely get somewhere good eventually.

Quick Reply

Latest