The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Psychology Paper 3 (9PS0 03) - 5th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Edexcel A-level Psychology Paper 3 (9PS0 03) - 5th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 5th Jun 2023/ PM
Length: 2hr

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
revise content
flashcards
past papers
practice questions
workbooks
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
content like what
Original post by _xss.bx_
content like what

Any predictions ?
Original post by SONIX2080
revise content
flashcards
past papers
practice questions
workbooks
hey besties!!! any predictions
Reply 5
umm dont rely on this but i heard a lot of people saying that because no kq has come up there might be a 'use of psychological knowledge in society' question
do we just revise theories like agency, social learning and operant conditioning for the 12m in paper 3 or do we have to revise stuff like milgrams variations and the actual 1963 study as well
The fact that a paper 3 q 'explain ways of behavior' one came up for the issue and debate section in paper 1 (the cognitive one with marco being weird or sumthing like that) means It might be different in paper 3.

I would've guessed that for the 20 marker it'd either be developed over time, issues of social control, ethical issues with HUMAN pps, pratical design with HUMAN (cus animals came up for those before) or use of psych knowledge.

However with they way edexcel are kinda moving mad by making the longer mark questions harder, and the fact that they recycled a past paper 2 20 marker (CBT for Sz) but shoved in a scenario means they COULD do the same for paper 3, so i suggest you all go over ALLL the 11 I&D including developmental psych and individual differences.

the classic study 16 marker no clue tbh....
Reply 8
what is the structure for the 20 marker? my teacher told our class that you use one study, theory, and research method from every approach to evaluate with the I&D. can someone confirm this cause I thought we needed at least 2 studies from each approach, like one classic and one contemporary?
Reply 9
Hi guys,

Could someone let me know what content can come up in paper 3?
Is it just studies or also theories, and can it be from any of the 6 themes we study?
Reply 10
Original post by katiealen321
Hi guys,

Could someone let me know what content can come up in paper 3?
Is it just studies or also theories, and can it be from any of the 6 themes we study?

all research methods, all classic studies, a lot of AO2 application using knowledge from the approaches, and issues and debates

I think that is everything, correct me if im wrong
Reply 11
im thinking a key question, since it hasn't come up in paper 1 or 2
Original post by unknown05
all research methods, all classic studies, a lot of AO2 application using knowledge from the approaches, and issues and debates

I think that is everything, correct me if im wrong
Reply 12
Original post by C.A. J
im thinking a key question, since it hasn't come up in paper 1 or 2

can they ask key questions in paper 3?
Reply 13
Original post by unknown05
can they ask key questions in paper 3?

They cannot ask you any key questions in paper 3. They ask you key questions in paper 1&2.
Reply 14
My theories for paper 3 psychology is
The 20 marker will be on use of psychological knowledge in psychology or comparisons of different themes. Reasons : we had no key issues in paper 1&2 so maybe that will come up as the 20 marker and the comparisons of different themes ( my teacher said that last year advanced information they stated either that debate or socially sensitive research would come up and social sensitive research was last years debate so I think it might be the one they stated wouldn’t come up will come up in ours )
I don’t know what research methods might come up but I think we may get a chi-squared test in research methods section A
For classic studies : well they can only ask us about 5 classic studies theoretically speaking since the 6th is from one of our optional module . So I think the classic studies will be on Raine et al and Rosehan on how psychology has developed over time.
Reply 15
Original post by katnix
They cannot ask you any key questions in paper 3. They ask you key questions in paper 1&2.

They can ask it in terms of psychological knowledge in society
Reply 16
Original post by tbrown2005
They can ask it in terms of psychological knowledge in society

True they could. Do you have any theories of what 2 studies might come up in section B of paper 3.
Reply 17
Original post by katnix
My theories for paper 3 psychology is
The 20 marker will be on use of psychological knowledge in psychology or comparisons of different themes. Reasons : we had no key issues in paper 1&2 so maybe that will come up as the 20 marker and the comparisons of different themes ( my teacher said that last year advanced information they stated either that debate or socially sensitive research would come up and social sensitive research was last years debate so I think it might be the one they stated wouldn’t come up will come up in ours )
I don’t know what research methods might come up but I think we may get a chi-squared test in research methods section A
For classic studies : well they can only ask us about 5 classic studies theoretically speaking since the 6th is from one of our optional module . So I think the classic studies will be on Raine et al and Rosehan on how psychology has developed over time.

wasn't use of psych knowledge the 12 marker on paper1 ?
Reply 18
could the developed over time debate come up as the 16 marker?
Reply 19
yep
Original post by le-cygne
could the developed over time debate come up as the 16 marker?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending