The Student Room Group

1 mark question

Screenshot 2023-05-05 150530.png

i dont understand y momentum is even mentioned, is this just to throw u off because answer is B?
u only need to rearrange kinetic energy equation
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Username1_2_3
Screenshot 2023-05-05 150530.png

i dont understand y momentum is even mentioned, is this just to throw u off because answer is B?
u only need to rearrange kinetic energy equation

Just something to make the question a bit more general, rather than simply saying rearrange the KE equation.
Reply 2
Original post by mqb2766
Just something to make the question a bit more general, rather than simply saying rearrange the KE equation.

it just makes me waste so much time tryna figure out y its not one of the last 2
Reply 3
it just makes me waste so much time tryna figure out y its not one of the last 2

You should know that
E = p*v/2
which pretty much gives it that its not c) and d).
Reply 4
Original post by mqb2766
You should know that
E = p*v/2
which pretty much gives it that its not c) and d).

yh i just hve to rearrange it for v, my brain cnt when looking at c and realise its wrong
Reply 5
yh i just hve to rearrange it for v, my brain cnt when looking at c and realise its wrong

Its very specific to this part of the syllabus, but I imagine that force, energy, power and momentum are bubbles and the lines connecting them describe how one is translated into the other. THe bubbles contain the basic equations for p, E, ... etc. A good way to remember things like impulses, work done etc.
Reply 6
Original post by mqb2766
Its very specific to this part of the syllabus, but I imagine that force, energy, power and momentum are bubbles and the lines connecting them describe how one is translated into the other. THe bubbles contain the basic equations for p, E, ... etc. A good way to remember things like impulses, work done etc.

thanks ill keep that in mind hopefully

Quick Reply

Latest