The Student Room Group

Cannot apply for SFE 2023/2024 full time undergraduate

I lived in England last year and applied for financing with Warwick, then withdrew my application for a gap year. I moved to Scotland in August 2022, and applied for Imperial, for 2023/2024 entry. I cannot apply through SAAS since I don't meet the 1-year residency requirement, so I tried to apply for student finance through SFE. Hower, when I go through the steps, it keeps telling me "You can't apply yet" and "You can't currently apply for student finance for academic year 2023/24. Keep checking for when applications open." Even though the deadline is 19th of May.
Original post by geekerman
I lived in England last year and applied for financing with Warwick, then withdrew my application for a gap year. I moved to Scotland in August 2022, and applied for Imperial, for 2023/2024 entry. I cannot apply through SAAS since I don't meet the 1-year residency requirement, so I tried to apply for student finance through SFE. Hower, when I go through the steps, it keeps telling me "You can't apply yet" and "You can't currently apply for student finance for academic year 2023/24. Keep checking for when applications open." Even though the deadline is 19th of May.

Hi there, If you have a Scottish address on your online account it won't allow you to apply. You would need to update this to an English address to apply and then this can be changed back once your application has been submitted. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending