The Student Room Group

SFE: Resiting a module (40 credits) semester 2

I have to resit a module that is 40 credits, 20 for a practice placement and 20 for the written assignment. this will start in January semester 2. I found this out after applying to SFE for year 3 of my course but have received maintenance loan for term 1. the university have not updated SFE about this. I want to know if I would still be entitled to maintenance loan during semester 1 AND semester 2. I understand that I would not be entitled to universal credit as I think I would still be classed as a full time student but if I cannot use the maintenance loan for semester 1 ill be experiencing hardship.
Original post by studn
I have to resit a module that is 40 credits, 20 for a practice placement and 20 for the written assignment. this will start in January semester 2. I found this out after applying to SFE for year 3 of my course but have received maintenance loan for term 1. the university have not updated SFE about this. I want to know if I would still be entitled to maintenance loan during semester 1 AND semester 2. I understand that I would not be entitled to universal credit as I think I would still be classed as a full time student but if I cannot use the maintenance loan for semester 1 ill be experiencing hardship.

Hi there,

Do you know if your university is classing you as in-attendance for this module, or are you an external student for this?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Do you know if your university is classing you as in-attendance for this module, or are you an external student for this?

Thanks, Graeme

ill be in attendance for this, it will be teaching, then a practice placement and then the written assignment.
Original post by studn

Hi there, are you only studying for one term this year and then doing the full 3rd year in September 2024? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, are you only studying for one term this year and then doing the full 3rd year in September 2024? Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason, yes this is correct.
Original post by studn
Hi Jason, yes this is correct.

Hi there,

Thanks for confirming all of this. Based on what you've said your second Maintenance Loan payment is due in January, and we'll pay this to you unless your university tells us otherwise.

So, we'd recommend asking your university if they're happy to allow this payment to go ahead: if they are then that's fine with us.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 6
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Thanks for confirming all of this. Based on what you've said your second Maintenance Loan payment is due in January, and we'll pay this to you unless your university tells us otherwise.

So, we'd recommend asking your university if they're happy to allow this payment to go ahead: if they are then that's fine with us.

Thanks, Graeme

I have received the maintenance loan for term 1 (paid in September) would I still be entitled to this? The change of circumstances has been sent and SFE have said that the given date says "repeated from 18th of September 2023 "
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by studn
I have received the maintenance loan for term 1 (paid in September) would I still be entitled to this? The change of circumstances has been sent and SFE have said that the given date says "repeated from 18th of September 2023 "

Hi there,

If you were in study for that term you'd be eligible for that payment. It's only if the university have advised us you're in attendance for one term only then your entitlement would be pro rata'd. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending