The Student Room Group

Nat 5 English exam

Hi all I have a question regarding national 5 english.
For my critical essay, we went over a play (An Inspector Calls) and a poem (Dulce et Decorum Est). I am perfectly confident with Inspector calls and can recite the whole essay I've made by heart, I've not practiced Dulce et Decorum est though very much and it probably would take me 2 days or more to commit it to memory again so I've just been considering only learning one essay and practice adapting it to other essay questions instead. Is this ok? I heard that it's good to learn 2 essays as it's provides extra flexibility so that you can freely choose which question is easier between 2 essay questions but now I think if I just learn 1 essay and adapt it to various other questions I should be fine. Any advice would be appreciated and good luck to everyone with their exams.
Original post by Ali_Asim
Hi all I have a question regarding national 5 english.
For my critical essay, we went over a play (An Inspector Calls) and a poem (Dulce et Decorum Est). I am perfectly confident with Inspector calls and can recite the whole essay I've made by heart, I've not practiced Dulce et Decorum est though very much and it probably would take me 2 days or more to commit it to memory again so I've just been considering only learning one essay and practice adapting it to other essay questions instead. Is this ok? I heard that it's good to learn 2 essays as it's provides extra flexibility so that you can freely choose which question is easier between 2 essay questions but now I think if I just learn 1 essay and adapt it to various other questions I should be fine. Any advice would be appreciated and good luck to everyone with their exams.

Hi, I took Nat 5 English last year and did something very similar with Macbeth. As long as you are able to adapt the essay to any question that comes up you shouldn't have much to worry about. In our school we did Macbeth and Psycho and most people ended up completely ignoring Psycho to focus on Macbeth and many of them ended up achieving A1s.
I hope your English exam goes well.
Reply 2
Original post by andRoss
Hi, I took Nat 5 English last year and did something very similar with Macbeth. As long as you are able to adapt the essay to any question that comes up you shouldn't have much to worry about. In our school we did Macbeth and Psycho and most people ended up completely ignoring Psycho to focus on Macbeth and many of them ended up achieving A1s.
I hope your English exam goes well.

Hi, thanks for your advice I really appreciate it and I hope your exams go well too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending