The Student Room Group

National 5 English Exam 2023

Hi

I’ve just done my nat 5 english exam, the RUAE went well but I feel worried for paper 2. To those who done Tally’s Blood critical reading 8 marker (by referring to the extract and elsewhere in the play, show how the theme of national identity is explored), do you think I done it right:

In this extract, the theme of national identity is explored as Rosinella believes that Italian man should marry an Italian girl.
This is similar to another part of the play when Franco thinks he is a Britain and feels proud as he was born there.
I alos mentioned how Rosinella was bragging how hardworking thier family are and the way they love each other

For the essay question (5. Chose a poem which has a powerful message) do you think my introduction is fine:

“Hyena” by Edwin Morgan is a dramatic monologue which has a powerful message of the hyena hunting for it’s victims…
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Hi, For Tally's Blood I wrote the same as you except I made my elsewhere: Rosinella bragging about her hardworking family and The way Italians love their families as two separate points.
Reply 2
hi! i just did english nat 5 as well and i accidentally wrote essay question 4 but i spoke about memorable characters. does anyone have the full wuiestion so that i can see whether it mentions memorable characters
Reply 3
Hi no sorry I don't. I'm hoping someone will put one up. If your essay was for prose i'm pretty sure question 3 was interesting theme and question 4 was a character who was either memorable or one you felt strongly about.
Reply 4
hi yeah i’m hoping someone puts one up as well. I wrote on prose question 4 but everyone i speak to says that it didn’t say a memorable character
Reply 5
Original post by Jensen25
Hi, For Tally's Blood I wrote the same as you except I made my elsewhere: Rosinella bragging about her hardworking family and The way Italians love their families as two separate points.

We got the same answers, it’s the same thing for the elsewhere (I separated two points in the exam but not on this).
Reply 6
(Original post by ionk123)hi yeah i’m hoping someone puts one up as well. I wrote on prose question 4 but everyone i speak to says that it didn’t say a memorable character

I wrote mine on interesting character. Do you think this will affect my final mark?
Reply 7
Original post by JamieMcColl
(Original post by ionk123)hi yeah i’m hoping someone puts one up as well. I wrote on prose question 4 but everyone i speak to says that it didn’t say a memorable character

I wrote mine on interesting character. Do you think this will affect my final mark?

was this for prose?
Reply 8
Yeah. The question had something to do with emotions and how the writer makes us feel this way. I said that the writer makes us readers feel interested in the main character but i dont know if that counts.
Reply 9
Original post by Jensen25

Do you think we done it right?

Quick Reply

Latest