The Student Room Group

S5 Highers

Hi, I’ve done all my Nat 5 exams. I’m now S5 and I’m doing 5 highers, the highers I’m taking are:

English
Maths
Chemistry
Physics
Art and Design

Do you have any advice on how to start of strong for higher courses.

Many thanks :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
the best advice I can give is to know what is going to be in the courses, there are some great teachers on youtube that helped me with biology and chemistry ( and even English, but it's very limited resources). Also, look at past papers! your year will be very very busy and challenging with 2 sciences, maths and English! good luck x
Reply 2
don't try to cram like in nat 5 lol. Spend like one hour a week min revising and you'll be good for everything that isnt art cause I didnt take that.
Reply 3
Original post by daniectrl
the best advice I can give is to know what is going to be in the courses, there are some great teachers on youtube that helped me with biology and chemistry ( and even English, but it's very limited resources). Also, look at past papers! your year will be very very busy and challenging with 2 sciences, maths and English! good luck x

Original post by Learner126
don't try to cram like in nat 5 lol. Spend like one hour a week min revising and you'll be good for everything that isnt art cause I didnt take that.

Thanks for these advices! I’ll try and put these to good uses! :smile:
Reply 4
Getting good grades at higher is all about hard work and self discipline. Get into a good study and work routine right from the start and stick with it- start with 3 hours on school nights and 4 hours a day at weekends and increase this closer to exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending