The Student Room Group

What will my alevel options open me to?

I am currently a year 12 and in my first year of international alevels which consists of 4 subejcts english literature, history, sociology and media studies. To say i regret choosing so many essay based subjects but i want to think of any possible regrets that i dont want in my second year of alevels where i would be advised to drop one of them. at first i wanted to drop media due to its course work load and not being preferred by unis?(though i take international cambridge course which my teacher told me is still respected by top unis?) with essays in general i do not seem to get high marks so idk if i should keep or drop media since the grades are not ultimately made up of essay but the coursework is making me stressed and taking much of my time which i dont think i could manage but who knows

So now i am mainly thinking of my grade results instead for the time being but later on i do think of taking a science related course if possible or psychology or business courses so please let me know if theres any subject which i might be better off dropping? And/or a different path i should take to pursue my future courses in uni?

thank you
(edited 2 months ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
There are a hundred different degree subjects (and careers) open to you with these A level subjects - have a look down this list and explore some of the options : Undergraduate Courses, Degrees : Study : University of Sussex

And if you feel you would like to 'switch' to a science degree, there are ways for those with good grades but in the 'wrong subjects' to do this - one example Science With Foundation Year - The University of Nottingham

No-one needs 4 A levels. It doesnt get you any advantage in the Uni admissions process, so dropping Media and focussing on the 3 subjects/grades that do matter would make sense. Remember - AAA will always look better than ABBB

Quick Reply

Latest