The Student Room Group

I need a job..

I've been looking for months for a job because I need one to be able to support myself, i'm 16 in Birmingham and the only luck I've had is a tutoring job which doesn't pay much and i get so overworked. Please does anyone know which types of things i should be applying to?
Reply 1
I'm 17 and I'm a lifeguard. It pays pretty well, there's also potential to be a swim teacher which is quite an easy qualification once you are lifeguard trained. The only thing is that the course is expensive (mine was around £200) but if you secure a job first they will pay for it, at least all the places I have heard of, or they take it out of your wage a little bit each month until you have paid it back. One thing to consider is that you have to do training once a month and renew your qualification every 2 years but you should get paid for training. However, it is quite hard and you have to be a good swimmer.
Other than that, supermarket jobs are usually okay. Sainsbury's tends to have good policies but I think Lidl is the highest paying supermarket at the moment.
Hope that helps a little bit.
Original post by Mnel
I've been looking for months for a job because I need one to be able to support myself, i'm 16 in Birmingham and the only luck I've had is a tutoring job which doesn't pay much and i get so overworked. Please does anyone know which types of things i should be applying to?

lots on people hate on it but you are pretty much guaranteed a job if you apply to McDonalds, the pay isn't bad, hours are flexible and you meet good people. I think its worth it for students despite the horrible uniform and constant beeping
Reply 3
im 16 in birmingham as well and im strugglingggg to get a job, ive applied at so many places and im seriously confused about what experience i should have if the whole point of getting a job is to get experience :'(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending