The Student Room Group

AQA A-level History USA: Making of a Superpower (7042/1K) - 24 May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by stxrm27
i'm the same, i feel like i literally know nothing. i'm going over civil rights too, but i have no idea what else to look at. there's just so much

I hope it goes well for you haha. I had a classics exam today so I haven't done any revision for it. Might be a good idea to go over the new deal too since that hasn't come up much. I'm realising I don't know the years for anything lol
Original post by soapinator
I hope it goes well for you haha. I had a classics exam today so I haven't done any revision for it. Might be a good idea to go over the new deal too since that hasn't come up much. I'm realising I don't know the years for anything lol

this may be slightly late haha exam in 2 hours but civil rights women imperilaism cold war and FDR new deals is what i focused on primarily so if i go into the exam and i dont see atleast one of those questions i might seriously just throw myself out of a window :smile:
Know this is a bit late but im last minute looking at opposite to FDR and success/ failures of new deal as potential for politics question just on that they haven't asked solely at his politics
yet I don't think
I am terrified for this exam. Doing a late night revision session if anyone has any ideas apart from Cold War that they think is going to come up
Good luck everyone 🥹🫶🏽
Reply 64
Yooo but why were we so accurate
Original post by KoalaKat
Yooo but why were we so accurate

Hey! Congratulations on finishing the exam. Good predictions?
Reply 66
Original post by Evil Homer
Hey! Congratulations on finishing the exam. Good predictions?

Thanks! Yeah the exam was so nice but my timing was pretty bad
Thanks! Yeah the exam was so nice but my timing was pretty bad

me too dw 😭
I thought the source on Vietnam was a pretty nice question.
The essay on economy 1865-1890 was great too
I also did the domestic policy one was able to talk about harding/coolidge in 1 para , hoover in another then 2 paras one on each new deal.
How did everyone else find it?
Overall pretty nice test
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 69
Original post by nj_anonymous
I thought the source on Vietnam was a pretty nice question.
The essay on economy 1865-1890 was great too
I also did the domestic policy one was able to talk about harding/coolidge in 1 para , hoover in another then 2 paras one on each new deal.
How did everyone else find it?
Overall pretty nice test

I did exactly the same as you 😎
Reply 70
Is anyone doing angevin kings?
Reply 71
anyone doing 2M wars and welfare 1906-57??
I did exactly the same as you 😎

Thats good to hear - Obviously FDR you would have spoke about the New Deals but for Harding, Coolidge and Hoover what did you talk about?
Reply 73
i will be so real easiest exam so much stress for no reason ahah
Reply 74
Which essay u did
Reply 75
Thats good to hear - Obviously FDR you would have spoke about the New Deals but for Harding, Coolidge and Hoover what did you talk about?

For Harding fordney Mccumber Tariff Anti Lynching immigration
Coolidge Immigration Indian citizenship radio regulation
Hoover his campaign promise to eradicate poverty his action after Great Depression and tariff
Reply 76

Harding I did the Budget and Accounting Act
Coolidge I did the Andrew Mellon tax cuts
My argument for them was the time of boom didn’t require heavy federal intervention therefore they were extremely laissez faire
Hoover I did the Agricultural Marketing Act and talked about his later intervention with his Housing act and stuff to try to help with the depression but it didn’t go far enough because of his core beliefs in rugged individualism and trickle down economics. He set the stage for FDRs New Deal
anyone doing 2M wars and welfare 1906-57??

I am and I’m dreading it haha
Reply 78
Harding I did the Budget and Accounting Act
Coolidge I did the Andrew Mellon tax cuts
My argument for them was the time of boom didn’t require heavy federal intervention therefore they were extremely laissez faire
Hoover I did the Agricultural Marketing Act and talked about his later intervention with his Housing act and stuff to try to help with the depression but it didn’t go far enough because of his core beliefs in rugged individualism and trickle down economics. He set the stage for FDRs New Deal

My argument is that all 4 president were committed to government intervention
Harding and Coolidge were commuted through other means which include his immigration approach , his support of dyer anti lynching and federal radio regulation and fordney mccumber
Hoover my arguement is that based on his election platform and promise alongside his policy during the depression he is committed to increase government involvement to help to deal with poverty .
Also while argue for yes , I provided a 2 side answer and after saying the reason for no , I then say that due to all of those reason alongside new deal , all president were committed to it
Reply 79
Original post by FalingallAlevel
I am and I’m dreading it haha

same :') but I think I'm better at it than american history tbh
i was looking at past papers and its so hard to predict what's gonna be on this years, esp as they don't have the 2021 papers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending