The Student Room Group

AQA A-level History USA: Making of a Superpower (7042/1K) - 24 May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KoalaKat
same :') but I think I'm better at it than american history tbh
i was looking at past papers and its so hard to predict what's gonna be on this years, esp as they don't have the 2021 papers

Honestly my class is really good at Britain but I feel like I just can’t relate I hope the questions are as nice as USA 😫
Original post by amui234
My argument is that all 4 president were committed to government intervention
Harding and Coolidge were commuted through other means which include his immigration approach , his support of dyer anti lynching and federal radio regulation and fordney mccumber
Hoover my arguement is that based on his election platform and promise alongside his policy during the depression he is committed to increase government involvement to help to deal with poverty .
Also while argue for yes , I provided a 2 side answer and after saying the reason for no , I then say that due to all of those reason alongside new deal , all president were committed to it

that’s quite clever I didn’t think of it like that. I mostly saw the obvious that harding and Coolidge had very traditional republican views of laissez faire and hoover believed in rugged individualism so for the question to say that ALL presidents believed to INCREASE the role of government is definitely and invalid statement due to also comparing them to the likes of Wilson who came just before the given time period in the question and someone like FDR who was the only one in my opinion who was truly committed in increasing the role of government through his new deal programs and help solve unemployment in the domestics. I did however mention that despite him being committed that doesn’t exactly mean it did help and then I provided a few statistics to show that despite FDR being committed it doesn’t mean that it HELPED domestic policy like stated in the question. I might be wrong but that’s how I interpreted the question :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by soapinator
Harding I did the Budget and Accounting Act
Coolidge I did the Andrew Mellon tax cuts
My argument for them was the time of boom didn’t require heavy federal intervention therefore they were extremely laissez faire
Hoover I did the Agricultural Marketing Act and talked about his later intervention with his Housing act and stuff to try to help with the depression but it didn’t go far enough because of his core beliefs in rugged individualism and trickle down economics. He set the stage for FDRs New Deal

What did u get

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending