The Student Room Group

Thoughts on moving to Turkey after gcse?

Wanting to move away bc of problems at home as well as the colleges and sixth forms around me not being great at all, thinking about going to an international college in Turkey… anyone able to give me some advice? Moving to America is an option as well but I prefer moving to Turkey more, one of the reasons being the religious society there can have a butterfly effect on me personally (I’m Christian Orthodox not planning to convert or anything). My dad in particular would rather have me go to America though personally I do not want to go there (many reasons why & they’re obvious) I can’t tell why if anything bc of sport but honestly I can’t tell if he’s taking me seriously or not.
Reply 1
*Türkiye :colonhash:
Reply 2
I wouldn't recommend a uk based teenager relocating to Turkey.
Particularly not whilst the terrorism threat is so high, tensions between the government & PKK remain ongoing and the hardliners of the Erdogan regime remain very active in frontline activism & national politics.

Are there other countries that you can consider relocating to apart from the usa?
For example, Canada or Poland.
Reply 3
which university and city do you want to go to? If you do right choice I can recommend for you to do it.1 paund is nearly 25 turkish liras.You can enjoy your life.
Original post by Anonymous
Wanting to move away bc of problems at home as well as the colleges and sixth forms around me not being great at all, thinking about going to an international college in Turkey… anyone able to give me some advice? Moving to America is an option as well but I prefer moving to Turkey more, one of the reasons being the religious society there can have a butterfly effect on me personally (I’m Christian Orthodox not planning to convert or anything). My dad in particular would rather have me go to America though personally I do not want to go there (many reasons why & they’re obvious) I can’t tell why if anything bc of sport but honestly I can’t tell if he’s taking me seriously or not.

Just don’t go any areas near plate boundaries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending