The Student Room Group

staying on another campus

i'm planning on maybe seeing my friend in the xmas who is at southampton uni. she lives on campus and so the plan is to hopefully stay the night there and she show me around and a nice visit.
I wondered, am i allowed to enter the uni campus if I'm not a student?? I mean i dont think so coz members of the public always walk around uni campuses with their dogs etc.
And will i be able to stay the night in her room or nah?? she said it should be ok but i'm a bit scared hahah.

Original post by Anonymous
i'm planning on maybe seeing my friend in the xmas who is at southampton uni. she lives on campus and so the plan is to hopefully stay the night there and she show me around and a nice visit.
I wondered, am i allowed to enter the uni campus if I'm not a student?? I mean i dont think so coz members of the public always walk around uni campuses with their dogs etc.
And will i be able to stay the night in her room or nah?? she said it should be ok but i'm a bit scared hahah.

Hi.

You should be able to spend the night at your friend's accommodation as long as you sign in at the front desk. This is a health and safety regulation. Just double check what the accommodation's rules are because they are all slightly different, especially since Covid. The majority of accommodations allow visitors to stay a night.

As for gaining access to campus, you will definitely be able to walk around campus but without an ID card, there will be some restricted areas. For example, at BCU you need an ID card to get into the buildings, but the public can walk around campus outside and visit our campus restaurant.

I hope you have a great stay!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending