The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Access to Leeds scheme

I applied to University of Leeds via UCAS and I got back my offer today saying that I have an alternative condition that has lower grades (AAA down to ABB) and says it’s because i’m eligible for the access to leeds scheme. Do I still need to apply online for the access to Leeds Scheme or will i be automatically applied for it and if not what do i do?
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xlilyskyx
I applied to University of Leeds via UCAS and I got back my offer today saying that I have an alternative condition that has lower grades (AAA down to ABB) and says it’s because i’m eligible for the access to leeds scheme. Do I still need to apply online for the access to Leeds Scheme or will i be automatically applied for it and if not what do i do?

Hey! I actually applied for the A2L scheme before sending off my application. I'd recommend heading to the A2L website and filling in the form anyway (just be safe) and then have a read up on the A2L course that has to be taken in order for this offer to remain open to you :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by vermiIIi0n
Hey! I actually applied for the A2L scheme before sending off my application. I'd recommend heading to the A2L website and filling in the form anyway (just be safe) and then have a read up on the A2L course that has to be taken in order for this offer to remain open to you :smile:

Thank you so much! Yeah i’ll apply anyway probably and i believe it’s some course thing you have to do right? is it possible to fail it?
Thank you so much! Yeah i’ll apply anyway probably and i believe it’s some course thing you have to do right? is it possible to fail it?

Yeah, from what I've read it's two modules; study skills that is assessed with a quiz following on from you working through the course (so I assume you can fail this) and a subject specific assignment that is marked and given feedback - unsure on grading or anything but maybe you'' find out more after firming the place? What course have you applied for? :smile:
Reply 4
Yeah, from what I've read it's two modules; study skills that is assessed with a quiz following on from you working through the course (so I assume you can fail this) and a subject specific assignment that is marked and given feedback - unsure on grading or anything but maybe you'' find out more after firming the place? What course have you applied for? :smile:

yeah i’ll probably firm it quite soon as i already have my other offers back but just want to be 100% sure. I’ve applied to study psychology, what about you? :smile:
yeah i’ll probably firm it quite soon as i already have my other offers back but just want to be 100% sure. I’ve applied to study psychology, what about you? :smile:

haha! i'm applying to psychology too!!
only issue for me is i'm currently working at A*AC but yknow, obviously the offer is ABB. I've spoken to admission and they have said i'd still be considered - but just trying to double check if that's okay or if ABB is final. all my other offers back but it would just be a shame to miss out, leeds is my top choice after all - a B in chemistry just is not likely :frown:
Reply 6
haha! i'm applying to psychology too!!
only issue for me is i'm currently working at A*AC but yknow, obviously the offer is ABB. I've spoken to admission and they have said i'd still be considered - but just trying to double check if that's okay or if ABB is final. all my other offers back but it would just be a shame to miss out, leeds is my top choice after all - a B in chemistry just is not likely :frown:

Omg! yeah leeds is my top choice too and my predicted are ABB but i have the same issue as you, chemistry is my worst subject and i’ll really have to push to get a B, i hate it haha :smile:
Omg! yeah leeds is my top choice too and my predicted are ABB but i have the same issue as you, chemistry is my worst subject and i’ll really have to push to get a B, i hate it haha :smile:

lord its horrendous, not helped by poor teaching lol - gonna work as hard as i can for a B just in case A*AC doesn't get me through but fingers crossed I can figure something out - best of luck! would be cool to keep in touch :smile:
Reply 8
lord its horrendous, not helped by poor teaching lol - gonna work as hard as i can for a B just in case A*AC doesn't get me through but fingers crossed I can figure something out - best of luck! would be cool to keep in touch :smile:

same here at my school haha teaching is not the best but yeah just gotta work as hard as we can, best of luck to you too! and yeah that would be really cool! would love to! :smile:
Reply 9
if you're comfortable my instagram is @lopsidedleah and we can keep in contact there - nice to just have someone in a similar boat

of course! yeah it’s nice to know people in similar situations
Hi i was wondering whether anyone here has been given information about the modules? Because they said on an email that they would give further info on april 17th
Original post by Anonymous
Hi i was wondering whether anyone here has been given information about the modules? Because they said on an email that they would give further info on april 17th

hey! i’ve emailed to ask them when it’s being released. would argue this isn’t ‘early to mid april’ as they’ve said - i think it’s actually for the week commencing the 17th - but would really hope for some more info :frown:
hey! i’ve emailed to ask them when it’s being released. would argue this isn’t ‘early to mid april’ as they’ve said - i think it’s actually for the week commencing the 17th - but would really hope for some more info :frown:

Ah yes thank you for clearing that up I misread the email it does say week commencing April 17th!
Ah yes thank you for clearing that up I misread the email it does say week commencing April 17th!

no worries! i misread several times too - what have you received on offer for?
no worries! i misread several times too - what have you received on offer for?

Dentistry! Wbu?
Dentistry! Wbu?

fingers and toes crossed i get there for psychology! all hope rides on chemistry haha, sososo inconsistent.
fingers and toes crossed i get there for psychology! all hope rides on chemistry haha, sososo inconsistent.

Ahh all the best of luck with your exams! I have my grades already so just need to pass this and should be clear😖
Ahh all the best of luck with your exams! I have my grades already so just need to pass this and should be clear😖

I'm in the same position, have grades just waiting for a2l. Have you chosen your accommodation yet?
I'm in the same position, have grades just waiting for a2l. Have you chosen your accommodation yet?

Noo not yet I’m still deciding have you i’m thinking cityside?
Hey! Bit late, but I hope all is well and you’ve hopefully got into your top choices. I’ve applied recently into the A2L scheme, was accepted and now waiting for april where i have to complete the two modules - although i wanted to ask, what are they based on? is it difficult to pass them? and if i were to fail does it mean i wouldn’t get access to a contextual offer anymore? I don’t understand why we have to complete an a written assessment to get a contextual offer - shouldn’t it be based around disadvantages and disruptions to study one experienced?

Quick Reply

Latest