The Student Room Group

Severe exam anxiety

Hello, i have a university exam tomorrow although I felt prepared, the days leading up to this exam have left me physically crippled with anxiety. I no longer feel that I am in the right state to sit these exams. Every time I have thought about it, I've been driven to panic attacks. I've tried talking to my academic advisor but got no response. Is this a valid reason to submit to extenuating circumstances so i can resit in the summer uncapped when i have then got sufficient mental help?? i don't know what to do.
Reply 1
I feel like like this would be something I would write. If you don't mind me asking, what is it that bothers you about it? For me I don't like the exam environment, it's really stressful and I feel very unwell from sitting there, so I usually ask if I can sit at the back of the room. It's also worth letting the invigilators know about how you feel so they can help you. You could also try take medication that could help you become calmer before the exam, I'm not sure your basis for an EC would give you the results you're wanting. But good luck to us both I guess and I hope things work out for you.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Bean_cat
I feel like like this would be something I would write. If you don't mind me asking, what is it that bothers you about it? For me I don't like the exam environment, it's really stressful and I feel very unwell from sitting there, so I usually ask if I can sit at the back of the room. It's also worth letting the invigilators know about how you feel so they can help you. You could also try take medication that could help you become calmer before the exam, I'm not sure your basis for an EC would give you the results you're wanting. But good luck to us both I guess and I hope things work out for you.

the exam environment and the massive fear that I will fail. I used to have therapy during previous exams but, I haven't been able to have that this time as I am still on the nhs waitlist, I've already used my university's therapy session limit and I cannot afford to go private. this has left me alone with my thoughts that I now haven't left my bed in 2 days, I feel nauseous and cannot stop throwing up and I have an insanely bad headache. Unfortunately I have no access to medication :frown: good luck to you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending