The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Statistics Paper 1 Higher Tier (1ST0 1H) - 12th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by bas1234
Q1b was about stem and leaf, did you count 26 for the total n, and then when it asked for IQR, did you get Q1 = 27/4 so 6.75th and Q3 = 3/4*27 = 20.25th. I found this over complicated, I then went on to do linear interpolation to find Q1 and Q3 and then subtract them. How did everyone else do that question?

I got like 19 for the interquartile range
Reply 21
Original post by SH124MA
Quota sampling was on the last question??? Did u do AQA or Edexcel I did Edexcel Higher and the last question was about random response technique and stratified sampling

Yes sorry you are right, I did Edexcel higher too. It was about stratified sampling like you said. Do you remember what the last part of the question was and how many marks it carried?

Thanks
Reply 22
Original post by bas1234
Yes sorry you are right, I did Edexcel higher too. It was about stratified sampling like you said. Do you remember what the last part of the question was and how many marks it carried?
Thanks

It gave us a table of part time and full time workers and on the top was the type of job they do I think. Question was what is the smallest sample size that would give a sample of AT LEAST 15 people for each strata. I got 407.... anyone get the same or different? This part was 3 marks.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 23
Original post by SH124MA
It gave us a table of part time and full time workers and on the top was the type of job they do I think. Question was what is the smallest sample size that would give a sample of AT LEAST 15 people for each strata. I got 407.... anyone get the same or different? This part was 3 marks.

i got 408 because 407 doesn't ensure at least 15 it only says 14.9.....
Reply 24
guys what did u get for relative risk im so confused
Reply 25
Original post by kayien
i got 408 because 407 doesn't ensure at least 15 it only says 14.9.....

Didn't they say rounded to 15 or something like that? 😔 idk gl guys
It was stratified sampling but it was SOOOO hard!!! Did anyone get it ? Although it was just 2 marks, it was still hard.

And also, what did u write for the hypothesis of motorcycle and car question??
Reply 27
Original post by kayien

I got 1.625
Reply 28
The conditional probability was not it, it was P(advanced driver | not exceeded speed limit) I got like 0.19 😃
Original post by SH124MA
The conditional probability was not it, it was P(advanced driver | not exceeded speed limit) I got like 0.19 😃

yh i got that
Reply 30
Original post by kayien

If I remember correctly, the probability tree was 0.82 for advanced driver and 0.18 for not. Then 0.84 for exceeded speed limit and 0.16 for not advanced driver (if advanced driver). Then 0.74 for exceeded speed limit and 0.26 for not exceeding speed limit (if not advanced driver).

They wanted probability of advanced driver given not E = 0.82 x 0.84 / (0.82 x 0.84 + 0.18 x 0.26) = 0.94

Anyone else got the same?
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by SH124MA

Mate, if u got that answer and it's right, I GOT THE SAME THING!!!!!!
Reply 32
Original post by IntelligentGuy
It was stratified sampling but it was SOOOO hard!!! Did anyone get it ? Although it was just 2 marks, it was still hard.

And also, what did u write for the hypothesis of motorcycle and car question??

Hypotheses: Motorcycles increase as time goes on
Original post by bas1234
hypotheses: Motorcycles increase as time goes on

samee lets gooo
Reply 34
Got 407 for that one :frown:

Original post by hasankhwaja
quota sampling? wasnt it stratified?
Reply 35
That paper was more than 75% statistical analysis and only about 25% stats calculations hoping for more calculation questions for paper 2 🤞
Original post by PJ0431
Got 407 for that one :frown:

So did I
Original post by SH124MA
That paper was more than 75% statistical analysis and only about 25% stats calculations hoping for more calculation questions for paper 2 🤞

There wasn't any binomial
Reply 38
Original post by bas1234
Q1b was about stem and leaf, did you count 26 for the total n, and then when it asked for IQR, did you get Q1 = 27/4 so 6.75th and Q3 = 3/4*27 = 20.25th. I found this over complicated, I then went on to do linear interpolation to find Q1 and Q3 and then subtract them. How did everyone else do that question?

I got 6.75 and 20.25 too I can’t remember what my actual answer was but I know I got that
Reply 39
Omg I was so sad i love binomial it’s acc so easy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending