The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Statistics Paper 1 Higher Tier (1ST0 1H) - 12th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by catsforever1154
Aww you did the same as me. Pretty sure we r wrong tho bc n+1

Yeah
I think the actual answer was 20.25 so we might get method marks or we could get full marks because 20 is 20.25 rounded
what did anyone do for the snakes question about the regression line 3marks ?
Reply 82
Original post by kva
it was well hard. esp cos there was so much writing rather than maths

i actually prefer the reasoning to the maths.
Reply 83
Original post by aditya nair12344

For me this was the hardest quesiton
I talked about the gradients and y-intercepts and how the gradients were steeper for the 1st snake (can't remember its name) which suggested that as the length increased, the weight increased at a quicker/greater rate than the 2nd snake
(edited 10 months ago)
they might be lower as that was hard paper 1, last year grade 9 was 121, so this year maybe like 109? maybe, but we don't know yet how the paper 2 will be like

Yeah i agree although i personally doubt it'll be as low as 109. I'm thinking 115-120 just based on that paper. I think i got 65--70 (being a bit pessimistic) on that one so i need to not mess up paper 2 basically
Reply 85

when I was going through it I saw that you could say multiple things including (but not limited to ):
-- For both species, both males and females have a positive correlation between x and y
-- At x = 0, y is higher for females than males for both species
-- The first species of snakes had a faster increase in y value for both genders
-- The rate of increase for males is greater than females for both species
Reply 86
Original post by catsforever1154
Yeah i agree although i personally doubt it'll be as low as 109. I'm thinking 115-120 just based on that paper. I think i got 65--70 (being a bit pessimistic) on that one so i need to not mess up paper 2 basically

same. The exam board never change the grades by more than 2% anyway so I reckon we will have the 1.5% decrease max, which suggests the grade boundary will be 118 at the lowest. However, judging from the difficulty of the paper. It seems more likely that we're facing a 0.75% increase which puts us around 121 marks (ironically what the previous grade boundary actually was). Per paper, this is 59 to 61 marks (so not scarily difficult)

If you want to know how I calculated this:
160 *0.75 = 120 (based on previous grade boundaries a 9 is set around 75%)
120 *1.0075 = 120.9 = 121
120 * 0.985 = 118.2 = 118
Reply 87
Did everyone get spearman's to be 0.595 and then said it indicated a (moderate) positive agreement between the judges and that it shows a (moderate) positive correlation between the two variables.
Reply 88
Original post by SH124MA
Did everyone get spearman's to be 0.595 and then said it indicated a (moderate) positive agreement between the judges and that it shows a (moderate) positive correlation between the two variables.

yep. I said that they agree for the most part instead of moderately though.
Reply 89
Original post by SH124MA

I got that too
if it is those marks per paper (59 to 61) i got this grade 9 in the bag
Original post by Mrdino32
same. The exam board never change the grades by more than 2% anyway so I reckon we will have the 1.5% decrease max, which suggests the grade boundary will be 118 at the lowest. However, judging from the difficulty of the paper. It seems more likely that we're facing a 0.75% increase which puts us around 121 marks (ironically what the previous grade boundary actually was). Per paper, this is 59 to 61 marks (so not scarily difficult)

If you want to know how I calculated this:
160 *0.75 = 120 (based on previous grade boundaries a 9 is set around 75%)
120 *1.0075 = 120.9 = 121
120 * 0.985 = 118.2 = 118

if it is those marks per paper (59 to 61) i got this grade 9 in the bag
Original post by SH124MA

yes i got exactly that
Reply 92
yes i got exactly that

What did you get for the last question?
Reply 93
I got 394.

Did you get 2709 for the capture recapture one?
Reply 94
Original post by amber.07

i got 407 for the last question
Reply 95
Yes I got 2709 too for the capture-recapture one but I got 407 for the last one
Original post by amber.07

i can't remember which one but it was either 407 or 408 .
What else was on question 11 apart from the 15 sample size part?
And what else was on the question about the normal distribution
Reply 98
Me too! Also what did you get for the IQR for the first question?
Reply 99
i can't remember which one but it was either 407 or 408 .

it doesn't matter because its a decimal value

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending