The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Credits for second year computer science?

Hello,

I'm still unsure what my senior lecture at computer science said about credit regulations for second year.

Students may progress if they have passed 120 credits. Students may also progress if they have passed a minimum of 90 credits and are awarded compensation in up to 30 credits for module marks between 30-39 per cent.

I've currently got 90 credits from my module course and wondering if that should be good to get me into second year, i'm still on my last module before we break up for summer in june.
Reply 1
Original post by JosephRobinson
Hello,

I'm still unsure what my senior lecture at computer science said about credit regulations for second year.

Students may progress if they have passed 120 credits. Students may also progress if they have passed a minimum of 90 credits and are awarded compensation in up to 30 credits for module marks between 30-39 per cent.

I've currently got 90 credits from my module course and wondering if that should be good to get me into second year, i'm still on my last module before we break up for summer in june.

Then u still need to get at least 30 to progress in your least module. Depending on what module it is
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Dnsnnssn
Then u still need to get at least 30 to progress in your least module. Depending on what module it is

it's horrible, it's operating systems and networks got binary and stuff.
Reply 3
Original post by JosephRobinson
it's horrible, it's operating systems and networks got binary and stuff.

If it's Open University, then I think u can choose the pace u study at. So u should be able to still study Stage 2 modules. But if it's a core module then u will still have to pass the final stage 1 module
Reply 4
Original post by Dnsnnssn
If it's Open University, then I think u can choose the pace u study at. So u should be able to still study Stage 2 modules. But if it's a core module then u will still have to pass the final stage 1 module

it's dmu

Quick Reply

Latest