The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Statistics Paper 1 Higher Tier (1ST0 1H) - 12th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Edexcel GCSE Statistics Paper 1 Higher Tier (1ST0 1H) - Monday 12th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Monday 12th June / PM
Length: 1h 30m
Paper 2
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, how is everyone feeling for Monday?
Reply 3
Original post by catsforever1154

I thought no one actually did this at least some people do 😂 tbh I have English, stats AND business in the same day 🌚 no one at my skl does stats I'm the only one
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by SH124MA
I thought no one actually did this at least some people do 😂 tbh I have English, stats AND business in the same day 🌚 no one at my skl does stats I'm the only one

Oh cool - I'm home educated so I can basically choose out of any of the subjects and I like stats so I'm doing that. That's a lot of exams on one day, i feel you
Reply 5
how is everyone feeling for monday? i have quite a lot to cram any tips on memorising info etc what should i learn for monday
Reply 6

the realisation just hit that the exam is on monday and i really need to work hard over the weekend
Reply 7
Original post by sahlaiscool
how is everyone feeling for monday? i have quite a lot to cram any tips on memorising info etc what should i learn for monday

Hey! I'm a little nervous but I feel ready for the exam. My advice would be to memorize the sampling techniques, and anything that you don't feel confident on. The best way to do this is to use past paper questions. Also make sure you understand about skewness and the different data types as these will help you with your answers e.g. bivariate, ordinal, qualitative, quantitative etc

Good luck!
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by amber.07
Hey! I'm a little nervous but I feel ready for the exam. My advice would be to memorize the sampling techniques, and anything that you don't feel confident on. The best way to do this is to use past paper questions. Also make sure you understand about skewness and the different data types as these will help you with your answers e.g. bivariate, ordinal, qualitative, quantitative etc

Good luck!

All the sampling stuff is so long 😔
Reply 9
(Original post by SH124MA)All the sampling stuff is so long 😔

Original post by SH124MA
All the sampling stuff is so long 😔

i literally dont get it like its so confusing. i cant tell the difference between all their disadvantages and advantages
Reply 10
I'm assuming everyone here is relying on this lil document from stats academy.
It covers everything you need, according to the new spec.
Best part is that it's only 2 pages, for a 2 year course.

https://www.statsacademy.co.uk/_files/ugd/d7dae4_e12606110e7a42e38726be242dad14af.pdf?index=true
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by ibbi7
I'm assuming everyone here is relying on this lil document from stats academy.
It covers everything you need, according to the new spec.
Best part is that it's only 2 pages, for a 2 year course.

https://www.statsacademy.co.uk/_files/ugd/d7dae4_e12606110e7a42e38726be242dad14af.pdf?index=true

tysm i hadn't seen that
doing cushty boy

doing cushty boy

Original post by sahlaiscool

didnt really ask mate
How did you find the exam?
Reply 15
Did anyone get the last last part of the last question about stratified sampling? I left blank because I didn't get it. I don't remember now what it was about, and how many marks it was worth
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 16
Q1b was about stem and leaf, did you count 26 for the total n, and then when it asked for IQR, did you get Q1 = 27/4 so 6.75th and Q3 = 3/4*27 = 20.25th. I found this over complicated, I then went on to do linear interpolation to find Q1 and Q3 and then subtract them. How did everyone else do that question?
Original post by bas1234
Did anyone get the last last part of the last question about quota sampling? I left blank because I didn't get it. I don't remember now what it was about, and how many marks it was worth

quota sampling? wasnt it stratified?
Original post by bas1234
Q1b was about stem and leaf, did you count 26 for the total n, and then when it asked for IQR, did you get Q1 = 27/4 so 6.75th and Q3 = 3/4*27 = 20.25th. I found this over complicated, I then went on to do linear interpolation to find Q1 and Q3 and then subtract them. How did everyone else do that question?

yh i got 21 for that , did the same method
Reply 19
Original post by bas1234
Did anyone get the last last part of the last question about quota sampling? I left blank because I didn't get it. I don't remember now what it was about, and how many marks it was worth

Quota sampling was on the last question??? Did u do AQA or Edexcel I did Edexcel Higher and the last question was about random response technique and stratified sampling

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending