The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

University of Surrey for law?

I'm thinking of picking Surrey as one of my choices but I keep hearing that future employers like students from Russell Group universities more than other universities.

I mostly just want to know:
1. Is the University of Surrey well-known generally? (not just for law)
- Is it as well known as Bath?
2. Is studying law at the University of Surrey a good choice?

Thanks c:
(edited 11 months ago)
Hi there, @imloki!

Despite not being part of the Russell Group, like many other leading universities, Surrey is still very well known for research output and quality. The main campus, where you'd be studying, is home to numerous leading research centres such as the Surrey Space Centre, 5G/6G Innovation Centre, and, specifically for law, we have SCIEL (Surrey Centre for International and Environmental Law). The university has academic interest in all areas, as you can see here.

Not only is the university well known, it's also a part of the SETsquared partnership, which includes Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, Exeter and Southampton. In their words, the partnership is a "world leading business incubator and enterprise partnership comprising six research-intensive universities". I have personally taken part in some programmes offered to students by the partnership, including a 4-week paid internship at a start-up from Surrey, in a small group of students from the other universities (Exeter and Bristol). I really enjoyed it and highly recommend!

The university offers everything you need to enjoy your course here :biggrin:

I hope this helped!

Marko
2nd Year Student in BSc Accounting and Finance
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending