The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Existing Lboro uni architecture students - Brutally honest thoughts?

Hey,
Currently deciding between Bath and Lboro as my uni firm for architecture. I wanted to know your honest opinions of your course? What’s the balance between work and spare time like? Do you get along well with the others in the course? Do you think you’re well assisted for your future after graduation? How do you feel about the outer uni life while studying there?
Any other points you want to mention are welcome.
Thanks so much,
Haneul_Sol
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Haneul_Sol
Hey,
Currently deciding between Bath and Lboro as my uni firm for architecture. I wanted to know your honest opinions of your course? What’s the balance between work and spare time like? Do you get along well with the others in the course? Do you think you’re well assisted for your future after graduation? How do you feel about the outer uni life while studying there?
Any other points you want to mention are welcome.
Thanks so much,
Haneul_Sol

Hi @Haneul_Sol

I'm currently in my first year here at Loughborough and although I don't study architecture I thought I might be able to tell you a bit about student life outside of lectures.

Before I came to Loughborough I was worried about it being a small town and there not being much to do. However since I've been here I've been pleasantly surprised - I can safely say I've never been bored since I've been here. There are plenty restaurants and pubs in town to go out to eat and drink. Most of my time in the week is spent on campus as there is lots on like going to watch the Loughborough first teams play, playing sport and just relaxing with friends as well as the nights out the union puts on in the week. At the weekend you do tend to go out in town more.

Loughborough is however a market town and can't offer what a city can but usually if we want more of a city atmosphere we just get the train to Leicester or Nottingham which both take less than 20 minutes and is very easy to do. The thing I appreciate about Loughborough being a smaller town is that there is a nice community feel and it really does feel like a student town. When you go out you always bump into someone you know which I've found really nice.

My second choice uni was Bath too and what really helped me choose where to come was visiting both Loughborough and Bath. I would encourage you (if you haven't already!) to take a look at both Loughborough and Bath's campuses either in person or online. It really helped me to actually see where I would be living and picture myself studying and fitting in on campus - and that's what really made my decision as to which uni to choose as they are both really good unis but the most importnat thing is to choose somewhere where you feel happy.

I hope this was helpful and if you have any questions just let us know :smile:

Jess
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Isn't Bath architectural beauty? I am biased of course, there is only one choice in my eyes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending