The Student Room Group

Northampton/London Met/Leeds Beckett?

I've been accepted to study MSc Child and Adolescent Mental Health at Leeds Beckett, London Met and Uni of Northampton, as well as South Wales (but since that's not a clinical course I haven't yet accepted my offer). I've never been to the UK, which one do you think is the best for my course, and overall in terms of nightlife, social stuff, cocurriculars etc?
Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by mauve25
I've been accepted to study MSc Child and Adolescent Mental Health at Leeds Beckett, London Met and Uni of Northampton, as well as South Wales (but since that's not a clinical course I haven't yet accepted my offer). I've never been to the UK, which one do you think is the best for my course, and overall in terms of nightlife, social stuff, cocurriculars etc?
Thanks!

Leeds is known for its student life due to the numerous unis in the city. You will either love or hate London and I don't really know much about Northampton. London Met and Leeds Beckett (one of their campuses) are both in the city centres. London can be confusing because of how big it is but you will never run out of things to do. It is also the most expensive city in the UK (hence "London weighting" so bear that in mind if you are self-funding - even home students struggle to afford it with their loans). I'm not sure which uni is the best for your course but you can check for relevant modules, teaching and assessment methods (i.e. coursework vs exams) and any relevant extras (like clinical placement). I would definitely choose a clinical course it will probably be better as you will be able to access more jobs (at least in the UK).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending