The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Anyone going to MMU?

Hey guys I'm currently in Y13 and I've applied for accounting and finance at uni.I've been thinking between Leeds Beckett Sunderland and MMU 😭 idk what I should put for my first and second option😭

Leeds is good for my course because it's flexible, if I don't want to do acc and finance I can switch to banking and finance, but the uni isn't rlly nice.. Idk the location is kinda off but the accommodation is affordable.

Sunderland is just closer to home but I'm still gonna get an accommodation there, but they do a lot of exams because of the course that can be rlly hard.. that's the only thing that scares me tho😭

MMU is a very beautiful uni, it isn't very flexible with changing the course, but I can decide in the last year if I want to do an exams based degree(ACCA accredited) or not wich is nice😊
butt the accommodations... soo expensive😭 the affordable ones are not very nice, you have to share the kitchen(wich is normal/ok) but the toilet and shower too?? Huhh sorry but I can't 😭
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hey guys I'm currently in Y13 and I've applied for accounting and finance at uni.I've been thinking between Leeds Beckett Sunderland and MMU 😭 idk what I should put for my first and second option😭
Leeds is good for my course because it's flexible, if I don't want to do acc and finance I can switch to banking and finance, but the uni isn't rlly nice.. Idk the location is kinda off but the accommodation is affordable.
Sunderland is just closer to home but I'm still gonna get an accommodation there, but they do a lot of exams because of the course that can be rlly hard.. that's the only thing that scares me tho😭
MMU is a very beautiful uni, it isn't very flexible with changing the course, but I can decide in the last year if I want to do an exams based degree(ACCA accredited) or not wich is nice😊
butt the accommodations... soo expensive😭 the affordable ones are not very nice, you have to share the kitchen(wich is normal/ok) but the toilet and shower too?? Huhh sorry but I can't 😭
Hey im applying for MMU and Leeds Beckett, I haven't got advice to offer on Uni of Sunderland as i don't know anything about it- but if you are looking for busy cities with good nightlife leeds and manchester fit that in my opinion, because for me a work/ social balance is so important. for manchester i would most likely go to Briarfield and get an ensuite - because personally i would prefer a good sized bedroom and to not share a bathroom 😭
i've heard Cambridge acom is good if you want a social vibe as well but from what ive heard its quite cramped.

With Leeds Beckett if the course you want to do and the options for switching are suited to you (seeing as you're not completely sure of your course) it seems like a good idea, and like Manchester it is on the lively side. With the Accommodation, i think the rooms are sized nicely and the prices aren't bad at all- hope this helped a bit but defo way out the positives relating to what you acc want out of your education and uni experience x
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hey im applying for MMU and Leeds Beckett, I haven't got advice to offer on Uni of Sunderland as i don't know anything about it- but if you are looking for busy cities with good nightlife leeds and manchester fit that in my opinion, because for me a work/ social balance is so important. for manchester i would most likely go to Briarfield and get an ensuite - because personally i would prefer a good sized bedroom and to not share a bathroom 😭
i've heard Cambridge acom is good if you want a social vibe as well but from what ive heard its quite cramped.
With Leeds Beckett if the course you want to do and the options for switching are suited to you (seeing as you're not completely sure of your course) it seems like a good idea, and like Manchester it is on the lively side. With the Accommodation, i think the rooms are sized nicely and the prices aren't bad at all- hope this helped a bit but defo way out the positives relating to what you acc want out of your education and uni experience x

yhh ur rightt, I should be thinking ab getting an en-suite asw I can't think of sharing a bathroom😭😭

Thank you soo much this really helpedd❤️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending